Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween?

I like to party as much as the next person (maybe more?) but for some reason I'm just not that into Halloween. As of right now I still don't know exactly what my kids are going to be tonight. I'm pretty sure Eva will be Dora the Explorer. Well, she'll at least wear the backpack. Caleb wore a batman shirt to school today. That might be it. He's not that into the pirate patch anymore. He asks for it, I put it on him and then he immediately takes it off.

My decorations at home for Halloween consist of a pumpkin painted by Marsha (thanks!). If she didn't do that for me, I don't think I'd have anything around here.

I'm not that excited about having candy around the house, either. We still have some candy leftover from last year!

I also don't like to be scared or spooky things. I NEVER went on haunted hayrides or to haunted houses...not even when it was "cool" when I was in high school or college. I didn't need to be cool enough to subject myself to wetting my pants. ;)

This time of year isn't a total bust. It was over Halloween weekend 13 years ago when Carl and I started dating seriously. One of our first major dates was to the Halloween dance at the Institute. Carl was a streaker (scary, I know!) and I was the Queen of Ping (I am a really good ping pong player!). This year we're going to be stressed out parents. I think it suits us.

However you celebrate Halloween...enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. I wish you better Halloweens to come in the passing years.

    (Isn't that what you wanted to hear?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did go to haunted houses in high school, and I always wet my pants. Embarrassing or true.

    I never do scary movies. Mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also one who doesn't like halloween. Before trunk or treats came along we would buy a bag of candy, order pizza and hide in the basement with the kids watching movies.

    ReplyDelete