Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, October 01, 2007

Animal Killer



I was commissioned to make two little sweaters for identical squirrel stuffed animals. Had three squirrels not lost their lives tragically in our swimming pool, I probably would have declined. I've got enough deadline knitting on my hands right now. But, it seemed like it would be good karma to make sure these poor stuffed creatures wouldn't be cold this winter.

I also killed a mouse. Actually, I think Caleb did. This happened on Saturday. It was a good thing I found it when I did because the cord was really heating up. I turned it off immediately and then sulked that I wouldn't have a computer until Carl came home. Luckily, when he called I told him what was up and he let me know there were a couple of mice downstairs that I could use. I found a really awesome USB one and I just had to plug it into my USB hub on my computer desk. Easy peasy. Next thing I know someone will need me to knit a mouse cozy.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know the implications of this?!?!?! You just justified Carl's pack rat habit... It could be his battle cry now to pick up junk off the side of the road: "Remember the mouse!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have conquered squirrels, "mice", what next... spiders? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! It's nice to have a fellow blogger close by!

    Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete