Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 21, 2007

A New Yarn

*photo from flickr images

I've heard a little bit about this new yarn that could be a Noro substitute. I was on the lookout before I found my awesome stash of Noro via eBay. It is Debbie Mumm Traditions found at Joann. I haven't felt any in person but word on the street (aka Ravelry forums) is that is a lot like Noro but softer and cheaper. I think this would be a great option for anyone that was interested in making Lizard Ridge but not wanting to make an investment in Noro. This yarn certainly doesn't have the wide range of colors as Noro but the color changes are wide enough and could be a suitable substitute.

5 comments:

  1. I like the colors in your sample picture. If I would dare to start it, this is the way for me to go, right?
    Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 PM

    I admired this yarn last time I was at Joann -- it's very pretty and feels GREAT. I didn't even think about using it as a Noro substitute, but it would work. I was drawn to it right away, but resisted the urge to buy any because I'm on yarn probation until I use of some of the dozens of skeins of yarn (possibly even hundreds -- I'm afraid to count) that are lurking around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha- This would definitely be the way to go!

    Anne- I'm afraid to count what I have, too! Sometimes it is enough just to go and touch it and leave it at the store, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whohoo!!! I can't believe I won your contest. Thank you for the wonderful party gift... it's always fun to get something in the mail. Also, congrats on the sweater... it turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I think you should call it "The One and Only"-- not only because it was just that. (BTW, we all know you would have won even if there were 1,000 entrants because you rock like that). But also because it's the one and only sweater a person needs... because it's just that great.

    ReplyDelete