Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Good Mail


Grandma and Grandpa Greer (and Peter--the dog) sent Caleb and Eva Halloween cards. Caleb can read a handful of words so he loves when he sees his name on an envelope. I gave it to him to open. Inside were stickers and a $10 bill. Eva got the same. They took the stickers and ran. They still have no concept of money so I took the money and ran...to the store to buy them some toys. With them being home all week I thought I would get them something to keep them occupied. We were at a birthday party earlier in the week and the birthday boy got this set of dinosaurs ($10 from Target) that Caleb loved! I went to Target and got the dinosaur set and found a really cute fairy princess castle set for Eva (also $10). They LOVED the toys and they played nicely for a long time!

8 comments:

  1. Gotta love grandmas, eh? Glad you found something they enjoyed.
    You are almost 1/2 way through the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:50 AM

    That makes me happy.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those "Cool Toyz" products, or whatever they're called. I was looking at those myself for some Christmas goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee! $10 is awesome! What great grandparents.....card, stickers and $. What more could you ask for? Loren's grandma sends him $1 for everybirthday....but then again she has about 100 grandkids. I bet it's nice to know they are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are the only grandkids on both sides until my sister has her baby in February--except my mom married into a family with a dozen more. They can get pretty spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. Too bad my parents just don't send money to buy gifts instead of me having to put up with the gifts they choose. That's awesome though. I'm glad they played good together. I know how valuable that time is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to go actually spending their money on them. Very noble of you. And all of it, too--I maybe would've got them something cheaper and then slyly pocketed the rest. ;)
    But that is good that they had lots of fun.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caleb looks all grown up all of a sudden. What a handsome man. I'm glad they had fun together. Siblings getting along is the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete