Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, October 29, 2007

Sweet Dreams

The other night I had an interesting dream. I was with some people on a hay ride and we were on our way to the airport to take a trip. On the way we were picking people up and one of those people just happened to be Vanna White. Nobody really recognized her or acknowledged her presence except me. I went over and started talking to her about how we love the Wheel of Fortune but what I really love is that she loves yarn. We talked about all the colors of yarn she has and I asked her why she decided to have an acrylic versus natural fibers (ease of care and cost, according to Dream Vanna). It was one of those dreams that seems so real that I'm pretty sure if I ever meet Vanna in real life she'll remember that conversation. Back in 1990 I had another real-life seeming dream where I was married to Patrick Swayze. I wonder if he remembers that?

As I was thinking about Vanna and our good times together as BFFs, I had an epiphany. I know what I'm going to name my sweater design. Are you ready?

SEVILLA

The name of the stitch pattern it uses is called "Fan". That reminded me of Spain. The city in Spain that most reminds me of fans would Sevilla, home of the flamenco. And, there you have it. Now if I happen to design any more in the future, I will give all of them names of cities or places. I think that's what Vanna would do.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:49 PM

    LOVE the name! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the perfect name! I love to read and/or hear your stories!
    I think you could have a literary career too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. I love it.

    I had a realistic dream when I was really young where a giant grimace (from McDonalds) was coming down the street to steal all the toys and I had to dive under the garage to save my bike. Do you think it means anything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha. That was a funny post.

    I little while back I had a dream that we came to see you at your house, and I knew where the key was hidden, so I just opened the door and walked in and you were all watching t.v. in your teeny little basement and you acted put-out to see me. Pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayli-when I'm in the dreams of other people I like it when they bring me treats. Maybe that's why I acted put out. ;) In real life I'd love to have you come over and watch tv in our basement (which is not so teeny tiny).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Christy, Christy, christy...dreaming about vanna white..naming yarn after european cities..what's happened. I miss the crafty conservative blog of old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be sure to remember that the next time I come visit you in my dreams.
    Chocolate chip cookies good?

    ReplyDelete