Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Big Girls

Last night we took the kids out for a family outing to Chuck E. Cheese. It was nice to have the whole family together again and we had a great time. Caleb is a master at skee ball. He doesn't roll it...he just tosses it right into the holes. Eva just likes to run around like a crazy girl. She kept saying, "Cheese! Where are you?".

We came home and Carl put the kids to bed. Have I mentioned I'm glad to have him back home? Anyway, I decided to go and try on some pants at Lane Bryant. They have a new sizing system and I wanted to check it out. I've been wanting to get another pair of jeans. The sizing is based on your shape. I knew I wasn't a blue. It was between red and yellow. The clerks sized me as a yellow 5 but she said that the measurements are running big so I should try on a yellow 4. The yellow 3 fit me the best. I also tried on some red sizes and they fit me well but I could really tell that my body was more fit for yellow. It was fun to see the differences. They have a sale going on right now that if you buy something regular price, you get something else for $10. Inspired by Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, I tried on a million (okay, maybe 6) white shirts to find my "classic". This is the one I ended up getting. For $10. Pretty sweet. I also found a really cute pink plaid shirt for my party on Saturday ($6.99 on clearance, thank you very much!). I'm too lazy to take a picture of it right now. You'll see some later when I wear it to the party! All in all, I'm glad I decided to go shopping last night because the sale ends today.

In other news...remember how I blogged about DWTS? This week Helio knocked it out of the park! Dude, I love him. He's so darn cute and a really good dancer. Carl and I tried to decide if he's better than Apollo was last year. We think he's just as good or will be even better by the end of the season. And...DONNY WAS THERE! What a great episode.

3 comments:

  1. That white blouse is so cute. I bet it looks awesome on you. I hadn't heard anything about the new sizing. Then again, I rarely go to the mall, and when I do I only go to Bath & Body Works. (It's all Kerry's fault I have that addiction.) Anyway, I guess one of these days I should start buying my own clothes instead of wearing hand-me-downs from my mom. It's such a cheaper way to shop though. Aside from maternity clothes, I've only bought a very small amount of clothes my entire marriage. Yep, that's right, most of the clothes I wore while in Indiana came from my mom or as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather-I'm not surprised you didn't hear about the sizing because you'll NEVER have to shop at Lane Bryant. Their smallest size is a 14. I blame Kerry for my B&BW addiction, too. I blame YOU for my stamp addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Is it bad to have a Stamp addiction? If so I don't know what to do about it, I've got it too.

    ReplyDelete