Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

It is a REALLY good thing I bought my plane ticket to Boston yesterday because what happened this morning would have made this trip all but impossible.

It's all about the shower.

When we moved in we knew we wanted to re-do our upstairs bathroom. It is a double shower where only one of the shower heads works at a time and the base was cracked. We have tried caulking it repeatedly but it is finally beyond repair. The sub floor is rotten and water is starting to come through Caleb's ceiling. Oops. Time for some renovation.

Carl is on board for getting a whirpool tub. We just have to make sure that we can get it in the space we have. You see, there is a reason there is a double shower in there right now. It is a little smaller than an average tub. HOWEVER...we have some wiggle room with our laundry area (also in the bathroom--it is a pretty big space) so I'm hopeful we can work it out. If we can't get an awesome whirpool tub in there then I'm all about doing another double shower and making it a sweet spa shower. Either way it is going to be cool. I just don't know how long it is going to take or how much it is going to cost. Yikes!

The good news? Looks like I'll be getting to the Y on a more regular basis if I want a shower.* No more excuses.



*Technically I could go downstairs to use the kids' bathroom. They have a shower and a tub. But, that bathroom always smells like poop--thanks to my incredible pooping machines that REFUSE to ever do it in the toilet.

7 comments:

  1. Christy- I have the name a of a good plumber that charges about 1/2 of the normal plumber because he's not official yet. He did some working on our kitchen upstairs when we shuffled things around. He will also be the one to do all the workings on our downstairs bathroom. Email me if you want his info.

    If I can offer one tip... make sure you can fit the shower or tub through the doors and hallway to get it where it needs to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you fit one of those fancy corner tubs in there? I'm trying to picture it in my head but I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wendy-A corner tub is out of the question. There is no way it would fit. Plus, I still want to be able to shower.

    deb-good point about the fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! You should apply to be on a home makeover show although they probably don't shoot in Nebraska that often. I kind of wish our master bathroom would start leaking so we could have a new shower too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the fit, when our roof was gone we had to lift the tub up and into what would be the bathroom, it would've never fit up those stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Ouch! That sounds pretty major. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, the poop issue - here is my solution (I seem to also have one of those saints who refuses to poop in the toilet): I clean him up in the tub, using an old washrag with water to get all the poop off. I rinse the poopy underwear in the toilet and get the big chunks out. Then I take everything that is soiled - the underwear, pants or shorts if necessary, and the rag - all down to the washer where I run them through a rinse cycle. Small load, regular agitation. Then I do the sniff test. Every now and then they get a second rinse. Then they are hung to dry until I wash the load they go in.

    In the bathroom, I flush the toilet (obviously) and then a shot of Febreeze spray. I'm not one for air fresheners that stink up your house (ugh!). I do like things that get rid of bad scents quickly without leaving their own stink. For me, Febreeze is perfect.

    Our main bathroom where all the poop gets cleaned up is on the main floor, so if it smelled like poop, the entire house would smell.

    So that's what I do...for what it's worth...

    ReplyDelete