Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Noah's Ark

Last Wednesday I made it to knitting night at Barnes & Noble. While I was there I saw the Simply Knitting magazine (from the UK) that had an extra insert for Alan Dart's Noah's Ark. I needed those patterns. I bought it. I'm still knee deep in test knitting and birthday knitting so there is really no way that I'm going to get to this anytime soon but I knew I would regret it later if I didn't get the patterns. I don't even like animals all that much but I am such a sucker for Noah's Ark toys. I think we have 3 different sets around our house. But we don't have a knitted set. That will make all the difference!

*I wanted to post a picture in the post but blogger is having issues with that at the moment. You can just click on the link to an eBay listing of the insert that has lots of pictures of the animals.

10 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I love the pandas. Is there a fair category for knitted toys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? So how difficult will that be . . . on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the easiest thing ever to 10 being the hardiest thing you've ever knitted).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the number of animals and the small size it would probably be about a 7/8. Not really difficult--just time consuming and fiddly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:36 PM

    I need those camels! I must hie to Barnes & Noble and try to acquire these patterns for myself.

    I have a pattern recommendation for anyone who wants to knit animals that are closer to a 3 on the difficulty scale: World of Knitted Toys has dozens of patterns that are easy. Most of the animals come in two sizes. For some reason they all seem to call for DK yarn, but I would make them with worsted or bulky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing! I can't wait to see the final project. Is there a nativity one too? That would be cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Those animals are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:46 PM

    I have been looking everywhere for this pattern- I keep getting outbid on Ebay- do you still have this pattern? Would you be willing to sell it or a copy of it?Thanks Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie--let me see if I can find it. What is your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:29 AM

    katiebug29@yahoo.com- Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete