Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Talk About Tuesday


Last week I talked about designing a top. It is finished! We haven't had the final fashion show but I did blog about the final fitting. You can see the pictures of the finished product here.

This week I've still got knitting on the brain. I have several knitting deadlines. I'm test knitting for Gardiner Yarn Works and I can't really show any pictures of that right now. Except this.

I'm also making a Harry Potter Hufflepuff scarf for my brother Sam. He turns 12 next month. Once I finish that one I'll have to immediately cast on for Joe's. He's my other brother that turns 11 in December. He wants Ravenclaw but he wants his to be the style that the 3rd and 4th year Hogwarts students wear. If you're a Muggle this means nothing to you. But if you've seen the movies and care even a little bit about knitting, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Yesterday I talked about my dyeing my hair. Here is a picture for those that wanted to see it. Chocolate Cherry by Garnier is what I used. Carl wasn't impressed but I really love it. I took this picture last night and promptly trimmed my bangs this morning!

And, while I'm talking about talking about stuff...we bought our bathtub last night. We got this one. We just bought the tub. Not the surround. We're still deciding what we want to do on that.

I think that is all I have to Talk About Today! What do you have to talk about?

14 comments:

  1. I love your hair! And those scarfs are such a cute idea. I'm a muggle so I don't know the difference between a first of fourth year scarf but I'm sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hair color, and I'm still amazed by your knitting ability! Wow.

    I'm a gryffindor, hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls are all wanting Hogwarts scarves for this winter. Maybe I can figure the knitting out enough, or else I'll just crochet them. I like the way knitting looks better though. My girls do have the knitting rings to make their own matching hats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks awesome! And I think I've used that color before too! :)

    And the scarf.. wow! I need to learn how to knit so I can make myself a HP scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cocoa- the knitting is super simple for these scarves! Basically, they are knit as tubes and then you use the fringe to close them. Super easy and super warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. luv the hair color, and I'm a bit envious of your test knitting.

    The top you designed turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an awesome sister, to knit for your brothers. I'm sure they'll love them.

    Hooray for new hair color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somebody really needs to teach me how to knit so that I can make cute scarfs and stuff too. Love the hair color too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to learn to knit too! I had a great pink softie ribbony scarf a LONG time ago and I LEFT IT in a restaurant! Years later and I have not been able to find it's equal - sigh...Your work is BEAUTIFUL! You surely have a talent. OH and I like the color too! Great TAT post! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair is awesome. I'm sure Carl will come around. I don't know if its because your hair covers your eyebrows, but they look fine to me.

    Your knitting projects are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like the hair color is a winner from everyone --Carl will probably get used to it. What do the kids think? Or did they notice? When Paige was 3 or 4 she caught me coloring my hair and freaked out!! The scarf is great. I didn't realize the "harry potter" house scarves were such a fad right now. Makes sense though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO a muggle! The scarf looks great and I like the green color. Oh & your hair color is pretty. Cherry chocolate sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I meant to say that I love it last night, but you know, too many "vampire" things to discuss!

    ReplyDelete