Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Talk About Tuesday


Our bathroom renovations are taking shape slowly but surely. We have a soft deadline of the second weekend in December since my mom is coming to visit. She has got a dream bathroom. Did you see it? Okay, back to my bathroom.


Our shower is gone. Carl did that all by himself. It is nice having it gone but now I'm really wanting a bathtub. All we have to do is call the plumber. Procrastination at its best.
This is my ugly light fixture that I'm ready to get rid of. The mirror is going, too. I haven't found replacements yet. Any suggestions?
I didn't bother cleaning off our vanity for the pic. Sorry. It will just make an even bigger "before picture" statement when all is said and done. Carl is going to build me an open vanity a la Pottery Barn but with only one sink. I'm pretty sure this is the exact same one that Wendy had her husband make for her grand bathroom. Why pay $2K when you have a handy husband?

I love the colors of my home. The previous owners did a great job and I haven't wanted to change a thing...except for this bathroom. I hate this wallpaper. Ick. What were they thinking? As of today I am painting the room a light steel blue. The fixtures will all be satin nickel and the furniture will all be white.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be very happy with the outcome of the bathroom. If nothing else it has taught me to never, ever build a house with Carl...until we can solve the epic battle of quality or cost?

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:34 PM

    ooooh. I can't wait for the after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:41 PM

    I am excited for you!
    I don't think my blog will ever be deserving of your readership. No threat to Design Mom either. I will be adding pictures of the grandkids in their Halloween costumes as soon as I get them:)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're assuming that they have costumes, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also cannot wait to see the after pics. The vanity will be fabulous!
    The steel blue...fabulous!
    The nickel fixtures...fabulous!

    Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the cabinet that Carl's making. And everything else too. I think the blue will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our master bath needs a major redo. Who puts CARPET in a bathroom? Obviously the previous owners of our house do. Blech!

    Your bathroom is gonna look FAB U LOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for having a handy husband! I'm sure your bathroom will look GREAT! That's pretty good that you only wanted to redo ONE room - w00t for THAT! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, your comment about the battle between quality and cost is sooooooo familiar. Brett and I have always said we'd like to build a house, but just recently I said maybe we should never do that--for the very same reason. We wouldn't have anything that was truly nice...just cheapies. Which has been okay for now in our play house, but you know. In a real house it's different. Anyway.
    It will be fun to see what you do with your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Wow! I cannot wait to see your after photos. I think we would have to have a contractor if we were doing anything like this in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing your after photos. Send your husband this way when the bathroom's done. I've got plenty of renovation projects he can help out with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What do you do in your spare time?
    :) :) You always seem to have several projects and several deadlines! Your bathroom will be wonderful. It's nice to have a husband who is handy and willing to work on your projects with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:52 PM

    Thanks for the photo tour. We're looking forward to the after shots. Kudos to both of you for tackling the job. I can't envision the color. Maybe you could post a sample? By the way, WHEN do you have time (peace) to paint? When the natives are asleep?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kids go to bed at 7pm so we work, work, work all night. That is, when we're not busy catching up on Dancing With The Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see it! I've got an extra bathroom that we use to store junk if you need to borrow it until yours is finished. Seriously I wish we could just get rid of it. We might need it back though when we have company.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, you'll love it (when it's done!). Amen on the handy husbands! Or even just kind-of can figure it out husbands!!

    ReplyDelete