Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, October 08, 2007

Pink Plaid Party



I have yet to post about the Pink Plaid Party I hosted over the weekend. We had a wonderful time courtesy of houseparty.com and Better Homes and Gardens. I made some pretty delicious treats (if I do say so myself!) from the new Pink BH&G cookbook. I can't say enough good things about this cookbook. I have the old red one so I was thinking that I didn't really need this one. I WAS WRONG! It still includes a lot of the classics we all love but it has some excellent new recipes and the informational content is much better. I think it is well over 600 pages.

This party wasn't the kind of party where something is sold. It is just a new kind of marketing tool where they sponsor 1000 parties around the nation and we get to see the product and get an opportunity to spread the word to our friends.

I have a few goody bags leftover from the party that include lots of coupons and freebies from the sponsors. Do you want one? I have three to give away. Leave a comment on this blog post and if more than three people are interested, I'll draw for the winners and send them to you.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Is it possible to order a cookbook through you Christy? I've heard this one is a keeper!
    Oh, and of course I'd love a goodie bag. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be on the goody bag list? The red BH&G cookbook was the first cookbook I ever bought. I actually bought it twice because I left it at my grandma's house before I moved to Indiana. I still use it a couple times a month for easy waffles. And it's my go to book for classics like pies and spinach lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i knew how to host one of these parties. One of the girls I VT has breast cancer, so it would have been totally awesome if I could have done something like this. Pick me for the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! (My best Donkey from Shrek imitation)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gigi-There is a form in the bag that you'll be able to send in to get the discount. If you don't win a bag, I'll email you the information!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerry-I did a post about houseparty a couple of months ago. All you have to do is apply online and they will send you applications for any parties you might be interested in hosting. You apply and if you're chosen they'll send you all the supplies for the party. It is too late for this one but there are some really cool ones coming up like one for CLAIROL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a fun party and the food was delicious. Thanks for inviting me and the goodie bag! I think I'll try a couple of the receipes that were in the bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I would be interested in a goody bag of course but definitley the info on how to get the cookbook. Sounds like it was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freebies! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That food looks delicious... I'm so sorry I missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute. I'd love one if you didn't draw already. Even if I don't win, I'd love the info on how to order one. You can never have too many cookbooks in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smart marketers. I think I'll look into houseparty.com, too. And I'll take a goody bag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love a goodie bag! This is Nicole from New Mexico~I found your blog through Mary H. and I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could use a new cookbook. Maybe I would actually cook then.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:39 PM

    I would love a goody bag!

    Mindy
    www.memoriesbymindy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun. How can I refuse? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete