Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Favorite Things

Another installment of some of my favorite things!I've been swapping a lot of books on Swaptree lately and these 10X13 catalog envelopes from Columbian are my "go-to" envelope of choice. I keep them by my computer desk so when I print out the mailing label and postage, it is ready to go! It is almost time for me to get a new box (I think I bought this last box in Indiana) so they have been on my mind.

These Band-Aids really block water. They are also really transparent and super comfortable. If there wasn't the cotton strip I would probably forget where they were. As far as I know they don't come in other sizes so I do keep some others on hand but these are definitely my FAVORITE!

A new favorite from this week is my version of Taco Soup. Sorry, no picture. Here is the recipe.

1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 can corn
2 cans pinto beans
1 medium white onion, diced
1 large can crushed tomatoes (or 2 small cans)
1 package taco seasoning

Put all of this in a pot and warm it up. It takes just a few minutes (not counting the browning on the beef) and is a real crowd pleaser. By crowd, I mean Carl. I loved it, too! Next time I make it I'll probably do a double batch or more to have enough to freeze.

5 comments:

  1. Do you have a postal scale or do you just know how much it costs to send a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At swaptree they use the ISBN number to know what book you are swapping so they know how much it weighs. They calculate the media rate shipping for you and you just print out the label. It is really, really great! The first couple of books I took them to the post office myself to see if it was the right price. It was, so now I just go for it. I get charged $1 every month I use that service but it is a small price to pay to keep me from having to go to the post office each time I want to ship a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't seen those bandaids, I thought only Nexcare had the waterproof kind. I'll have to watch for those next time I buy bandaids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:15 PM

    My recipe is very similar and we all love it too. I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heres a great video of how swaptree.com works:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbCdhbXdsik

    ReplyDelete