Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Boo-tays

My sister called me this morning to ask me if I could knit some baby booties for her. Hello? Does she really need to ask? Do I have knitting deadlines out the boo-tay? Yep. I also have a few more months until they are needed. Is it stopping me from searching for some pretty perfect baby bootie patterns? No way.

She's having a boy. In February. She told me she's been planning outfits all morning. Fun times. Do you have any go-to bootie patterns?

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those are so cute in the picture. Too bad I don't knit! And too bad my babies aren't babies anymore. I'm sure you'll find some great ones for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:14 PM

    Guess what? I won some sneakers too! They just showed up...no email, no warning. It turned a really bad day to good! Thank you, Christy!

    I think the Saartje's Bootees pattern is adorable but I haven't tried it yet. I am planning too with the next baby.

    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/saartjes-bootees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the shoes! I'd say about 80% of my regular readers have won something. That's pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of Course notthis Momma - keep hoping that the shoes will arrive But with two winners in Lafayette I think my chances are slim.... but it never hurts to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Stripey Slippers over at Little Turtle knits (http://www.littleturtleknits.com/pages/everyonepatterns.php) . They are quick and easy and you feel really clever when you're done. You can also make them for babies with a leftover yarn - great bonus! I've posted some finished pairs over on Ravelry.

    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book you're showing is the one I have - LOTS to choose from! You'll have a great time doing some for your sis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sad thing? I don't have that book! But, I do have a lot of patterns for booties around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Lisa AND my gift bag from the party came over the weekend. I keep meaning to post to my blog about it (and I will eventually), I've just had other stuff to write about lately.

    ReplyDelete