Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Primary Day

Today is our primary election for city-wide positions, including mayor. Let me tell you, it is really important that I get out and vote because only THREE people on the ballot (total--all races--THREE) are not going to make it onto the general election ballot. But, I'm going out there to exercise my right to vote. The man I'm supporting for mayor could probably really use my support. No, it's not Mike for Mayor. He lives around the corner from me, drives a van for a living, and did no fundraising for his quest to become mayor. He did spray paint a sign to put in his driveway and he did actually make it onto the ballot. I'm not supporting the Republican candidate, either. I don't know what it is about him that makes me uneasy. He hasn't given me enough reasons to support him for me to get over the feeling that I don't want to vote for him. So, I'm going out to support the Independent candidate. Everything I've read and seen about him seems good so he gets my vote. I don't know if I've convinced Carl to go and vote for him today, or not. We've been split votes before (the great Nelson/Ricketts campaign--I "won").

Oh, who am I kidding? I really just want to take Eva to Van Dorn Village (a lovely retirement community full of people that shop at SunMart) to see what they have to say about her hair do. I might have to redo it before we go. It's a little frizzy now.

I thought today, in honor of the elections, I would post some information about legislation that has been passed and is working its way through Congress at the moment.

The Combating Autism Act of 2006

Expanding the Promise for Individuals with Autism Act


And, a big THANK YOU to all that have donated so far.

11 comments:

  1. I didn't even realize it was primary day, guess I should pay more attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, change your blog name to the Crafty Independent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I was going to warn you Mary about the second link having a picture of Hilary Clinton on it. You might not want to go there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for always being my political reminder to go vote! (I totally forgot that was today too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do it for the stickers!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everytime I take the kids with me to vote they always give my kids stickers too. Do they give each of your kids stickers also?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go in the morning so I only have to take Eva. She got her sticker (and mine).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just reminded me that I have to register to vote still here. Way to be independent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carl just told me he didn't vote with me. I have a feeling that his candidate is going to come out ahead in this one. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah. The only person that commented to me was this REALLY old lady that said, "Isn't HE a little young to be here?". In her defense, she wasn't wearing pink today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate when people refer to my girls as boys. I don't think they look at all like boys. HELLO! They have long hair. My boy will never have long hair if I can help it. John had long red ringlets up until he was 2 years old when his parents finally cut his hair. I've informed him many times now that our little guy will never have hair that long. He says I have to let it get long enough to at least get a good strand for his first haircut page. We'll see!

    Sorry, I guess I got carried away and wrote a novel.

    ReplyDelete