Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter Goodies

Today is the last day of school before Easter so I sent some treats to be passed out to the kids in Caleb's class.

I totally stole this idea from Skip to My Lou but she took the idea from someone else, too. Anyway, I can't (or wouldn't) take credit for these darn cute "carrots". I got the cake decorating bags with my 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby, bought some Cheetos, raided my wrapping paper closet for the ribbon, and went to town. If you decide to make these, I recommend wearing a glove or using a ziploc bag to handle the Cheetos. I just stuck my hand in a ziploc bag and it worked great.

I thought I would make something else for the teachers. I had 12 Hershey Nuggets left from making nugget boxes before and I needed to make 4 little boxes. So, they each got three pieces of chocolate. I used the double-sided designer paper from Stampin' Up (this paper is no longer available), Wishing You the Best stamp set and some white grosgrain ribbon. I really like how they turned out and they were so quick to make. I'll probably make a bunch more to have ready for my next craft fair.

I'm OVER THE MOON about the donations. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks to Deanna for letting me know about the Oprah show that will be on today. It is going to feature some families dealing with autism and also some people from Autism Speaks. Check it out!

14 comments:

  1. Now I am so gonna still your idea for treats for the nieces and nephews and you know that steve has quite a few.... I think I will use goldfish as this seems to be a great orange favorite. I too will watch the Oprah special today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun Easter treat to share. Hazel likes the picture of Eva in her sunglasses. By the way, sorry for this dumb question, but is it pronounced eva or eeva?

    I remember one time there was a story about you and Carl and being tied to a tree? Refresh my memory on that one, if you have the inclination some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those nugget boxes! I need to make some. I never have. I have made the nuggets, but not the boxes.You are sooo good! What a good little downline I have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those nugget boxes! I need to make some. I never have. I have made the nuggets, but not the boxes.You are sooo good! What a good little downline I have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops! How did it post twice? sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayli-it's pronounced like Ava. She's hispanic and since I taught Spanish we thought it would be cool for her to have a spanish name. Think "Eva PerĂ³n". She's our little Evita.

    Carl wasn't tied to a tree...he was duct taped to a tree. ;) Maybe I'll have him be a guest blogger someday if he wants to share the story again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:39 AM

    Those gift ideas were great! Your packaging was very professional looking. (I can appreciate them, but I can't produce them. No artistic talent here!) Thanks for mentioning the Oprah show. I hope I can watch it.

    Happy Easter to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denada. (Hope i spelled that one right!)

    And here's a secret message for you too:
    Comience la manana bien con el buen sabor y la nutricion de los cereales Kroger Value.

    Okay, just to be *SURE* you mean A-va as in O-melet, right? (there are a lot of ways you could pronounce this name.)

    Tell Carl I'd really be excited if he posted about that story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kayli- (de nada--two words) You get an A-.

    I love to start my day with Kroger cereals, too! Wait. We don't have Kroger here. Oh well.

    It's a long A sound. Say 'Hey!' with a silent h and you've got it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:25 PM

    What great gifts! What left an impression with me is how in the world would you have 12 nuggets left. You know me and chocolate.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like just plain chocolate. It would be really hard for me to sit and eat a Hershey bar. It needs to have nuts or caramel or toffee in it for me to want it. Since these were just plain old Hershey nuggets, they weren't tempting at all! That's the key. Had they been Hershey Treasures they wouldn't have made it into the boxes at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, love the carrots! Too bad I don't have any real reason to make any for the holiday this year. But then again, who needs a real reason for Cheetos? I'm off to the store for supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christy, I just had to let you know that after I turned the computer off and went out to run errands it totally dawned on me that of course it was pronounced Ay-va. That is how you say Eva in Spanish. Which was your point. I'm a little slow today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally saw those carrots too. . .I may have to do those for our big family dinner on Sunday for the kids. Cute. and the boxes are fab too.

    Eva. . .it's "AAAA" just like the Fonz says. Hee.

    ReplyDelete