Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Chillin' Like a Villain


My kids miss Spring. They keep wanting to go outside. It looks okay out there from the inside but once you open the door, it's a cool 40 degrees. I had the kids playing in my room yesterday so I could keep an eye on them while filling out some paperwork online (more about that in another post). They kept opening the door to the deck and going out there. There isn't anything out there that they can hurt and they like looking down into the neighbor's yard where they have a dog. Eva always pats her legs and says "Here, Doggie!". Enjoy it, Eva because that's as close as we're getting to owning a dog around here. Anyway, they were out there for a while and were really quiet. This is always a red flag for a parent. If they aren't bugging you every two minutes for something, they are doing something they probably shouldn't. I went out there and saw them sitting together on the one chair we have out there. They were huddling together because of the cold. I came back in to get a blanket and a camera. I asked them if they wanted to come inside and they said no. They stayed out there for over 30 minutes just sitting in that chair. I couldn't believe it.

Many of you know that for a long time Caleb was obsessed with the Teletubbies. His affection for them has waned somewhat but for me, his diagnosis and first year of services will always be linked to them. He lined up his 4 Teletubbies, he carried them around, he watched the show, anything that was purple was Tinky Winky and so on.

The Teletubbies are celebrating their 10 year anniversary right now and have teamed up with Autism Speaks and Cure Autism Now. A special eBay auction is going on right now with 5 handbags designed by Isaac Mizrahi. They are all a little out of my budget but I thought they were interesting enough to share.

THANK YOU for your donations and especially for all the emotional support I get through this blog. *cheese alert* You build me up!

13 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing ever that they sat huddled together in the cold like that. Kids can be soooo sweet. (Sometimes we wish it were a little more frequently...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture! They are so cute. I remember the Telletubbie obsession, well at least some of it.

    It's been in the 70's out here. Although, they say it's going to snow on Thursday. I'll believe it when I see it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are snow flurries in the forecast for tomorrow here. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. Don't you love it when siblings share a moment? That's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. . .kids always have a way of surprising you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:00 PM

    A great picture and a great story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:04 PM

    I'm SO glad you snapped that moment. That's an adorable picture. 30 minutes straight. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not liking the cold either. Jonah got all ready to go outside yesterday, I made him put a jacket on. I told him it was COLD. He insisted on going out anyway. Then I opened the door....he felt the cold air... and decided to stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FYI- Oprah has a special on Autism tomorrow. I just happened to be watching today and saw the preview for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the info, Deanna! I'll set my DVR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Your kids are so adorable. Sometimes it's the simple things that can make 'em happy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christie... I love it. BTW..I just caught up on the blog and I LOVE the nubian knots in Big Apple's hair....

    I also have your special prize for guessing the blogger... I need to mail it (I am TERRIBLE...). Will you e mail me your addy again? I know you did but I am on a different computer...

    Also, Wendy at Flippin Sweet has a child that she thinks is autistic and was told the evaluation woudl take 18 months.... I am going to send her over here. Maybe you can help her get on the right track?..

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable pic! My kids are itchin to get outside too. I can't wait until spring decides to stay for a while:)

    ReplyDelete