Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday. We've had an interesting day. The kids were pretty good at church and they looked really cute despite the fact that this was the best shot of the two of them I could get. I didn't get Caleb anything new to wear. His dress clothes are still holding up quite nicely and he's been wearing 5T clothes since last year. We did find out this morning that his size 12 (yep, that's right!) dress shoes are too small. He's actually been wearing that size shoe since he turned 3. He had a super big growth spurt and has slowed down a little. There for a few months I was having to buy new shoes every few weeks it seemed. Eva got a new dress for her birthday from Grandma and Grandpa Greer. Lucky for us it came with a little sweater because it is still really cold around here.

I didn't get around to filling their Easter baskets with what I got for them. They had long ago found the toys (mini see-n-says) so there were just a few little things to add. They are still working on their candy from the egg hunt yesterday so I'll ration it out as long as I can. I'm glad I don't like jelly beans (except black, mmmm) or plain chocolate. The candy is safe.

I have to end this post with a huge THANK YOU to the knitting group I belong to. I've been making cards to sell at an upcoming open house with 40% of the proceeds going to Autism Speaks. With my small selection we raised $22 in a matter of minutes. Plus, they got some pretty cute (in my opinion, of course!) cards. I'll be adding the money to the total on my sidebar at the end of the month when I'm done with my card selling fundraiser. This is one of the cards. I can only make up to 100 of these with this particular image because of the copyright on the stamp. It's a 3X3 card perfect to throw in with a hand knit gift!

8 comments:

  1. Well done you! So productive, and I know what you mean about trying to get both [all] the children in the same photograph - even with the advance of digital cameras!
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you sell any of these cards online?

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha- I'm going to send an email out soon explaining my open house and for people that live too far away to come I'm going to take special orders. Do you care if I add you to the email list? This profile is different but I'm assuming you are the Samantha I know from Lafayette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kids and cute card!

    Sounds like Caleb has feet like Madison. I wanted her to wear sandals all year so her toes could just hang out the front!

    And when I first looked at the card I thought it was a cute little pea pod! I guess I need my glasses on. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a cute little pea pod! It's just a cute little pea pod full of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I saw a pea pod.

    The kids look so cute. I didn't even take her to an Easter hunt this year. I figure she won't remember anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for confirming that I'm not crazy! (at least for that moment!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I went back and clicked on the picture, DUH--totally a pea pod of yarn balls.

    (Hey, I have 3 of your 8 comments so far!)

    ReplyDelete