Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Inaugural Walk for Autism

Want to win a $25 gift certificate to Stampin' Up? Click HERE for details.

Today is the inaugural Nebraska Walk Now for Autism. I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to attend but that was the main catalyst for me doing my own fundraiser for Autism Speaks so I would feel like I was doing my part to contribute. Even though my sidebar banner doesn't reflect the current total yet, we've earned over $100. I can't tell you how pleased I am with that. My goal for the month is $310 so we have a ways to go. I hope you will help me spread the word!

I know of at least one blog reader that will be at the walk today. Please comment and tell me how it went!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:40 PM

    The Walk For Autism was amazing! There were SO many people! One of the organizers told me the national office told her to expect to raise about 10,000 dollars and have 350 walkers for a first-time event. But as of this morning the Lincoln walk had raised over 30,000 dollars and they think there were at least 1,500 walkers there today! There were so many amazing kids and families. It was an inspirational event. Go Lincoln!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm not surprised. The people that helped organize the walk are so talented and committed. I can't wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Hi I am Jemi; I was the co walk chair that organized the event. It was amazing!! Currently the count I have is over $81,000.00 we are still working on a count of walkers they are estimating over 2000. Thank you for your kind words; this took a lot of work and time. I did this for the families!!!! That's what makes it all worth while. By the way the walk line stopped traffic on 27th stree it was so long!!!!!
    Jemi Schultz

    ReplyDelete