Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, April 02, 2007

Is This Thing On?

Hello? Did I scare everyone away by asking for donations? I'm feeling a little concerned that for most of the day the only comment I got on yesterday's post was from me.

I'm going to blog a little about autism every day this month. It won't always be the main theme of my posts but there will always be a little something. Today I want to show a picture of one of the stamp sets that is being sold by Technique Tuesday. The puzzle piece is the international symbol for autism.

A portion of the proceeds of this set is being given to Autism Speaks. I don't know exactly how much per set. They are also having a contest for cards or scrapbook pages using these images.

I know at Paperlicious, she is also holding a contest for cards related to autism awareness. That contest uses a stamp set that you can find from Gina K's Designs. She will donate $8 from each set sold to Autism Speaks.

Links to these stamp sets are now on my sidebar.

In other news...

We had a wonderful conference weekend. We watched the talks from the comfort of our (almost bubble-free) couch. The kids were pretty good. The neighbors were not. We have neighbors on one side of us that have a pool table in their garage. On nice days when he doesn't work he has his buddies over, they turn on REALLY loud music and smoke (so I can't open my windows without having the whole house smell like smoke). Today the loud music only lasted for an hour. The other day it was more like 4 hours. I had just finished looking up the city's noise ordinance online and was ready to call the cops before he turned it down.

Watching 8 hours of conference talks really gave me a lot of knitting time. I FINALLY finished the back of Carl's Drunken Argyle sweater vest. I bound off the back right after the last session ended. I can't bear to start the front yet. "Extra spicy" knitting is not something I can do on a daily basis. I'm almost done with the 2nd baby surprise sweater but I ran out of yarn with 18 more rows to go. I had ordered another skein and hoped it would arrive on Saturday. No such luck. I'll be glad to get it tomorrow or Tuesday.

I lost my mind Saturday. Well, I thought I might have. I went to Sun Mart. It's the grocery store closest to my house. It is also the closest grocery store for all the retirement communities in the neighborhood. Let's just say I'm almost ALWAYS the youngest person in there. They also have the most expensive prices around (except for maybe Wendy's local store, Leon's---but Sun Mart isn't 'posh' or have excellent service). Anyway, I check the ads (because I'm Carl's wife and it makes him really happy) and I saw that they had a super deal on cereal this week (buy a certain amount of Kelloggs cereal and get free milk). I had coupons, the store had a sale, and I got free milk. Win, win, win situation. I went there to load up on cereal. I went through the checkout and wanted to get some cash back. I asked for $20. She gave me my receipt. She gave me the coupons for free milk (3 GALLONS! WOOT WOOT!). I went out the door. I drove away and reached into my pocket so I could move the $20 cash into my purse. I couldn't find it. Did I drop it? Did I put it in the grocery bags with the receipt? I pulled over (still in the parking lot-thank goodness) and checked the car, the trunk, the path I took in and out of the store, etc... I went in and had to resign myself to leaving my name and number and hoping the lady cashier didn't make any other mistakes that day because I needed her drawer to be $20 over. I had bad dreams about it all night. I didn't even want to tell Carl about it (I did---I tell him everything even when I don't want to---it's a compulsion). They called me Sunday morning. The cashier was exactly $20 over so that money is MINE! I'm going to go pick it up this morning along with 2 out of 3 gallons of free milk. Love it.

5 comments:

  1. You were up late Miss Christy! (even later than me, and that says alot!)

    I'm glad you got your $20--they should give you some MORE coupons for free milk!! You're right, Leon's is definitely a rich old lady store. . .I try to not hit all the big old caddies when I pull in there!

    Our conference weekend was full of school papers. . .I have (had) about 4 grocery bags full of the kids school papers from last year and so far this year. . .so we pulled everything out and sorted it and picked some favorite things to put in a big binder. ( I think I did that a couple of conferences ago too) It was a good project to sit in front of the tv for. (yay, dish!)

    Oh, wait, I'm kind of turning this into a post for my own blog now. . I'm going. . .I'm going. . .

    p.s. Just one more thing. . .how hard were you laughing about Charla and Mirna last night? Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't scare me away! I was waiting for it to be Monday so I wasn't breaking the Sabbath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm not paranoid anymore.

    Wendy-I actually wrote this blog about 9pm last night but I didn't want to post it until today so I put the time as 12:01am. I didn't really "post" until like 7am this morning.
    TAR last night was crazy. What a great two episodes. And, yes...Charla and Mirna=annoying but I was holding out hope for the awesome falling down part that was promised to us last week in the previews. It did not disappoint.

    Mary-muchas gracias! You are awesome (and one righteous babe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part was when Charla was about to puke in the back and was saying "yes, you are doing everything, I'm just sitting here and could you yell a little louder?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:12 AM

    I'm glad you got your $20 back. I hate it when I lose things, which naturally happens a little more often now than before. (My brains are rusting!) Sometime I'll tell you my story of $100 lost....

    ReplyDelete