Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Smart Habit Saturday


My SMART habit this month was to actually finish what I've started. Basically, I want to have all of my finished items listed on etsy.

I'm doing okay. I've listed about 7-8. I went through all I have ready and I may have exaggerated when I said I have 30 items ready to list. I realized that a lot of the items I have ready are multiples so I don't really want to list them until the other one sells. So, I'm on track. I have about 8 more items to list. This has really helped me focus more on my shop and I'm really trying to come up with some fun things to make and put in there.

An interesting side effect of getting this in order---I'm starting to finish other things around the house. For the first time since I can remember, our Christmas tree and other decorations are put away before Easter. I cleaned out the linen closet. I cleaned the kids' rooms. I got Carl to dust off the tops of our cabinets. I finally hand washed a sweater that has been wallowing in the laundry since 2006 (it is a very dressy sweater that I only have occasion to wear every once in a while--and certainly not two years in a row! I'm good for 2008). It has all been very therapeutic. My theme for 2008 is "FINISH WHAT YOU START(ed)!".

6 comments:

  1. What a cute mailbox! Great job on finishing so many items. It's great that your goal has had a great ripple affect through more of the house too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, first I HEART your mailbox!! Second, great job on a great habit! I love the domino effect it seems to have as MY tree has ALSO come down before EASTER! w00t! Good luck on having another SMART week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the theme. I'm up to my ears in projects I need to finish and do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I love how SMART habits are addicting. Once you getting started in the right direction you just want to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:00 PM

    I'm with you, Christy. I'm also working on the finishing thing,.... and the throwing out thing......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:11 PM

    What a simple, great goal to have. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete