Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, January 18, 2008

Pea Pods and Smocking



The pea pod sweater is almost finished. I just need to weave in the ends, steam it, and sew on the buttons. My dimensions are a little off. The body looks a little long compared to the sleeves. Or, the sleeves look a little short compared to the body. Maybe my sister will have a baby that will have short arms and a long torso. I made the 12 month size so he would be able to wear it later this year.

Once all the knitting was completed on the pea pod, I decided to start on a bag of my own design. I don't know why I just don't finish up some of the other projects I am working on. It is the knitting siren, I guess. She sings and I must cast on.
Here is my progress from last night watching our DVR'd episodes of American Idol. You can't really tell what it is going to look like yet. I'm using my Katia Mexico yarn I got from Ebay (during the week of major stash enhancement for my Lizard Ridge blanket). The stitch pattern is the Smocked Rib. I messed up the counting when I started it so I had to deviate from the design in my head a little bit to avoid ripping out 2 hours worth of work. It should turn out just fine---or at least it will be good practice of the smocked rib (because that's a stitch you use everyday!).

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it done, Christy! I love the colors. Your Peapod is going to be just fine once you get it blocked out - no worries. Did you do the cap to match?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'm going to make the cap. I figure I can whip that up in no time later this year if my sister really wants the matching cap. I'm kind of over the pattern now and ready to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is so cute. I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete