Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 14, 2007

On the Docket

My knitting is coming along. I actually finished the sleeve of my cardigan and am now busy working on an applied i-cord around the front bands and neckline. Once I put in the sleeves and seam it all up, I'll probably do an i-cord around the bottom as well. I think it adds a nice touch. I also need to find the perfect button.

Today, I'm thinking about sewing. It is kind of kicking my butt. I am beginning to remember why I've never really got into it. I'm not ready to give up, or anything. I just realize that it is going to take practice and I need some lessons. I also need a project to really motivate me. I'm on the lookout.

This afternoon we are taking advantage of a free pass to the Omaha Childrens Museum. I got it because I'm going to take a survey on what it was like with a kid with special needs. It is for some company that specialized in sensory integration displays and special play areas.

The potty training is going okay. Caleb is over his phobia of sitting on the toilet. I'm so glad. That was a long year of kicking and screaming every time I tried to get him to sit on the potty. Now I just need to convince him to sit on the potty when he goes poop. Eva still needs to master that, as well. It doens't help that she usually poops when she's napping so she has a pull-up on. She's getting the pee pee down, though. She's still having a few accidents but for the most part, it is going well. I can't complain. I KNOW it could be worse.

I would like to introduce you to one of my new best friends. This is Pod. Pod is getting a lot of use around the house cleaning up all sorts of messes. I had a coupon from the Sunday paper a while back and decided to give it a try. I love you, Amen.

7 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you that you are amazing?!!? All of those projects AND going to the OMAHA zoo AND potty training all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to mention keeping up with your blog DAILY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:49 PM

    I highly recommend the Singer Library book that is called "The New Sewing Essentials". I taught myself to sew using this book and I still use it for reference material. I just made a handbag the other day and I had forgotten exactly how to do the pleat the pattern called for. I looked it up in the index of my book and it had a great set of photos and an even better explaantion. I suggest you see if your library has it or check it out at a local book store. Knowing your ability to knit, I would be surprised if you aren't fully capable of sewing once you have this book in hand.
    Tell me what you think if you get a chance to get it.
    I KNOW you will be able to sew as well as you knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommend, Jane. I'll check it out at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had fun at the Omaha Children's Museum. I've never been there. I've never seen the Pod thing -- is it for upholestry, clothing, carpet??? Looks handy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The POD is for carpet and upholstery. It has been great doing little spots here and there whether it be juice or something else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:31 PM

    Perfect timing for the POD! Rebecca is starting to potty train herself, but at 21 months, I KNOW she will have mishaps.
    Thanks! Megan

    ReplyDelete