Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Busty Dilemma

I've been knitting a lot. Just over a week ago I finished my short sleeved braided cable sweater. I use the term 'finish' loosely. I want to re-work the neckline. I haven't decided how exactly to do this. I think I might just be able to rip it out to the decreases and then not decrease as much so I have more fabric across my shoulders. I would also need to re-do the back and make it a little higher. The fit is fine everywhere else. Just that darn neckline is giving me problems.


Then I started thinking...maybe I should make it into something else. Here it is laying on a pattern called "Bombshell". It has got a majorly open neck as well but this is worked from the top down so I'd be able to work on that from the start. I will also be able to try it on as I'm making it. It has some clever shaping and ribbing across the waistline. It is also reversible. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Feel free to leave me some suggestions in the comments. I'll still end up doing whatever the heck I want, but it might be nice to get some feedback.

Next:
I bought this copy of Interweave Knits based solely on the cover. I love this little wrap. I decided I must make one. I ordered Knit Picks Shine in the color "Reef". I thought it would be more turquoise and less teal. I'm not totally in love with the color but I don't think I hate it enough to send it back and get a different color.

Care to opine?

Next:
I am not allowing myself to cast on (or take apart) any other projects for myself (clever loophole as I also bought some yarn to make a few baby gifts) until I finish this cardigan. I'm only 2 inches away from finishing the final sleeve. Then, it is seaming time. There is also a buttonhole band but I'm thinking I might do an i-cord edge with a loop for the lone buttonhole.

Next:

The kids like to see themselves in the view finder of the digital camera. They do all sorts of poses and tell me to "Click!". I never know exactly what I've captured until we're finished. Because I know a lot of you don't care about my knitting, I thought I'd throw in a couple of shots from today's photo shoot of the kids.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my heck, my kids do the same thing. Cute pictures. I love the wrap sweater and I think the color is springy and fun. You could wear a cami or shirt under the plunging neckline one if you don't want to expose yourself. I think that will be cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few undershirts but they don't look right under my cabled sweater. I really just need about an inch on each side to come in and I think I might love it. But, the thought of having to rip it out to re knit is kind of making me sick. I have a few more days to think about it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wrap sweater! Cute! And it almost makes ME sick to think of you having to rip out the cableknit one!! All that work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:19 PM

    The sweaters are nice, but THANKS for the kids pictures!
    Mom aka Grandmother Greer

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the sweater... I'm with Wendy... it hurts to think you are going to rip it out. Don't do it if you can avoid it, it's just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Good luck with the sweater. I know you're clever enough to figure out a solution you'll be happy with. The wrap on the magazine cover is really cute -- lots of potential. I LOVE that turquoise (at least for myself). I understand why you said you wished it were more teal. And your blue sweater looks really complicated! How do you do it?!?

    Most of all, those pictures are PRICELESS (as are the models)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet-actually, I want it to be LESS teal. I was really hoping for a nice caribbean turquoise or something. Oh well. We look forward to your visit next week. I'll make sure there is plenty of time for knitting--we'll get you started on a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:47 PM

    I'm not a knitter, but your sweater looks beautiful. Could you add a row of cabling around the neck to bring it in? Just a thought. Your children are also very sweet. I'm glad I happened upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:28 AM

    Yeah! Knitting content!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red sweater is beautiful -- I too hate to see you rip it up. I'm with "princess" couldn't you add something at the top -- some simple trim crocheted or knitted to fill in. Or a chemise top under it. I hope you think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:17 PM

    Here's my opinion. Wear a tank top under the red Bombshell so you won't feel so bare in front. I have bought Shine recently, and it really is shiny! So if you're not wild about the color send it back because you'll hate it being all bright & shiny if you don't even like the color in the first place. (I happen to LOVE that color though.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm learning that yarn colors on the Knit Picks website all look darker and more blue than they do in real life. I just ordered three colors of yarn from there, and I hope my mental adjustments are correct and I'll get the colors I expect. I haven't tried Shine yet, but it certainly looks much shinier in your picture than it does on the Knit Picks site -- perhaps I'll save it for a time when I'm feeling glamorous.

    ReplyDelete