Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 09, 2007

My To-Dos

Here's my to-do list for today:

1. Attend World Wide Knit In Public Day. Our Lincoln Knitters group got a booth at the local farmer's market and we knit all morning and handed out fliers with our information on them.

2. Clean the church. It is our family's turn to clean the church this weekend.

3. Do some laundry.

4. Continue with the potty training. Eva peed in the potty for the first time (and only time so far) last night at 6pm.

5. Carl is performing a baptism tonight so I'm going to stay home with the kids. I can just imagine what they might do seeing daddy in a big font of water. It's best if we stay at home.

6. Peel a jicama. I bought a HUGE 3 1/2 lb. jicama and I'm going to peel it and cut it into little strips so I can enjoy it (with lime juice and salt--yum-o) throughout the week.

7. Watch the special features of Nacho Libre. I actually rented a movie for this weekend. We watched the movie last night (pretty funny--must download some of the soundtrack from iTunes) but I want to see the special features before I return it on Monday.

8. Start reading New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Thanks, Catherine! I've got another book that I still need to finish but I'm going to send it to you when I'm done.

9. Start the second sleeve on my blue cardigan. I finished the first sleeve this morning at WWKIP day.

10. Right now I'm going to go and drink a Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi. Yummy.

11. Find my iPod!!!!! Ick. I'm starting to feel sick that I can't find it. Must. listen. to. Enrique. and. Maroon. 5.

I think that's about it. Happy Saturday everyone!

9 comments:

  1. jicama? what's the origin of that? I've never heard of it. You make it sound yummy. Is it hard to prepare for eating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link for jicama. I ate it ALL THE TIME in Mexico and couldn't get enough!

    http://www.foodreference.com/html/
    art-jicama-history-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when I can't find my iPod too. Love the technology, hate the small size-I need a 'clapper' type alarm on mine. I try to keep it in the car where I'm less likely to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a fun time at our WWKIP day.
    Gosh, that's hard you can't find your iPod. Mine is in the hospital and I'm having a hard time without it, but I see they mailed it today so maybe by Tues. I'll have it back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm.....sounds so yummy. I think I want to try it. Is it hard to find in stores? Do you have to look for them in any specialty stores?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri-thanks for commenting! I saw your blog and noticed that you started knitting for almost the same reason I did---therapy! I'm sure lots of moms of kids with special needs would benefit.

    Heather-You should be able to find it in the veggie section of your store or if they have a separate "specialty" vegetable section. You can always ask, too. It is pronounced HICK-uh-muh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn! I was even thinking about going to the farmers market this morning, but cleaning in the basement won out!

    Yeah for Eva! I know with my girls as soon as they actually WENT in the potty, they were like "OH, that's what you want me to do!!" Good luck!!

    I LOVE Jack Black, I haven't seen Nacho yet, but School of Rock is my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Mmmm. I haven't had jicama in a while. Good stuff. I never tried it with lime juice.

    Good job, Eva! I hope she enjoys repeating the feat. You sure had a busy Sat.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad the book got to you. I sent it express because I remember how I felt when I finished the first one.

    Jicama - yummy. I've only had it once. I should try it with lime. I think it tastes kind of like apples, but maybe that's because I had it in a salad with apples. Jicama slaw.

    ReplyDelete