Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Wishing all the men out there a Happy Father's Day!


Here are some random things about my dad, Brent Charlton.

1. He trains race horses.
2. He loves The Blues Brothers.
3. He sometimes calls himself B.R. and he calls me C.R. My knitting group now knows why!
4. He has to plug his nose to go underwater or he will gag. I get this from him.
5. He is really strong. I think most people think their dads are strong but mine really is. I'm sure he can beat up your dad.
6. My dad was on the cover of a phone book because he's a cowboy. This was when we lived in California. There are lots of cowboys in Oklahoma so I doubt he'll make the cover there.
7. He likes to drive. This is a good thing because he has to travel a lot hauling his horses all over the country. He prefers to travel off the interstate.
8. My dad likes to be a red neck and puts lawn ornaments in his yard. I got him some pink flamingos one year and I don't think I've ever seen him more excited about a present before.
9. He went through a phase in the 80's when he was a yuppie. He had a Mercedes, owned part of a plane, wore a Member's Only jacket and went golfing at the country club. We also only had one very tasteful lawn ornament at that time. It was one of those cool jockey lantern holders.
10. My dad taught me good values like honesty and responsibility.




3 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your Dad! Your grandpa was at church today with Barbara, I thought you might like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a lawn ornament story for you.

    There's a fancy neighborhood around here and they have some covenants that restrict yard decorations to natural earthy colors. One gut put up some pink flamingos just to make fun of the neighbors. They complained, he got a warning, blah blah, so he painted them beige and put them back out on his front yard. Take that, fancy pants neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete