Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Good Riddance

I've seen my last mouse at Super Saver. Yep, I saw another one on Thursday. I'm going to have to reconfigure my shopping list to reflect the aisles at another store. Where am I going to shop from now on?

Thank you, Wendy. She blogged about her super-savings at Russ' Market on 33rd and Highway 2. I've never had any reason to ever shop there before. But, I was inspired to go check out the super deals myself. There were some deals but everything was a little pricier than Super Saver. I don't care. Here is what I'm getting for my extra pennies:

1. Clean floors.
2. Helpful employees.
3. Onions that I will actually buy.
4. A discount on gas.
5. Wi-fi--in case I ever need to take a break in their little mart and have a laptop.

And the best thing? My apples were on sale for $1.18/lb. They charged me $1.88. I took my receipt to customer service and instead of just giving me the difference, they gave me the whole purchase price of the apples back! Woohoo! I checked my receipt again once I got home and they also rang up my potatotes wrong. This is kind of annoying--but knowing that I can go back and get back $5 is worth it. I'll make sure and check my receipts BEFORE I leave the store from now on.

Their mistakes have more than made up the difference on the extra I may have spent by shopping there, and then some.

6 comments:

  1. I think I had a "new" checker myself. He needed some help with some of the items. But it is a nice store, AND they put your stuff in the car for you! I LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to take my own stuff to the car!

    I'm totally writing this comment in my own handwriting using Cari's Tablet. This rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except for it is Carl's Tablet not Cari's although he would make a cute Cari *laughs*. Steve would say that he can type faster than writing but it totally beats trying to type on a blackberry. I sat beside someone on the plane and he was busy typing on an itty bitty blackberry with his thumbs - NO Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even notice it said Cari! Ha ha. I do prefer typing, that's for sure. But, the novelty of seeing my handwriting was fun. It also beats the special "alphabet" you have to use on my old palm pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always shopped at that Russ's store when I was in Lincoln. It was right around the corner from our house and they had pretty good deals. And I've never seen a mouse there. To see a mouse in the store would make me stop going there also. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT? Maybe they were super busy or something, but they SHOULD take your stuff to the car!!

    ReplyDelete