Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Minimal Crazy

The Cooks are sick of life on the road and have decided to go straight home today. Carl should have a pretty normal day with the kids while I'm at my class and we'll be anxiously awaiting the arrival of Grandma Nelson.

I made some awesome Crazy Bread for dinner last night. Want to make some? It's delicious!

3 1/2 cups flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water

Mix it all up in a mixer for a few minutes. Let it rest while you drink a little Pepsi (or whatever). Dump the dough into a 9X13 pan or use a stoneware bar pan from Pampered Chef. There really is no equal. Get one. Roll it out. Sprinkle some italian seasoning on top. Pour some melted butter and garlic on top (about 2 tbsp. worth--or one of those Papa John's garlic sauce packets). Score it into breadsticks. Sprinkle a little parmesan. Let it sit for about 15 minutes while you finish your Pepsi and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake them for 20 minutes. They are best served piping hot. They are also good served the next day---if you made enough. They don't last very long.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to ask you and your post reminded me, do you still sell Pampered Chef? I have family members trying to talk me into becoming a consultant. I guess I'm mostly just curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so yummy! I've been wanting some stoneware and I might just have to get some. My sister is having a pampered chef party tomorrow. Do you have to grease the pan or anything with the stoneware?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so good. I wonder if there are any pampered cheffers in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't sell PC anymore.

    Heather- it is a lot easier to make money w/ PC than SU (in my opinion).

    Deb-no greasing involved! Just bake some greasy stuff the first couple of times you use it to "cure" it. The bar pan is the stoneware I use the most consistently for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm... I'm all about new and yummy bread recipes. Don't you think homemade bread makes any meal that much better? Also, would the bread still work in the stoneware rectangular baker? (I'm pretty sure it would, but just want to make sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maren-it would probably be just fine. I don't see why not. But, I'm telling you---BAR PAN! It's the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just had papa johns tonight and I asked for extra garlic sauces so I can make this. Yummy!

    Any suggestions on what I should look for in an upline if I do sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe; I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather-it depends on what you need in an upline. If I did it again, I'd find someone that wasn't so anxious to promote to the next level. She was really pushy with me and I just wasn't liking that at all. It does help to have someone with some experience, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm... looks like I have something I need to get at the next PC party I go to!

    ReplyDelete