Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, June 29, 2007

Big Kids

We took down the crib yesterday. For good. We are taking it back to the original owners (my dad and stepmom) when we go to Oklahoma* tomorrow. My kids are now both in twin beds.

Yesterday Eva spent most of the afternoon putting all of her toys down for naps in her new bed. She would pretend to give them a drink of milk, tuck them in, tell them goodnight, give them a kiss, shut the door, and tell us to SHHH! When it was finally Eva's turn to go to bed, she did an excellent job and didn't leave her bed even once in the night. Even when she did wake up, she yelled for Daddy! He went down and gave her a drink of water and we haven't heard from her since. Good stuff.

It sure is nice to have the kids in beds, out of diapers (still not totally trained--but CLOSE!), and out of strollers. Woohoo!


*I don't know if we're actually going to make it into Norman on this trip. My dad's so busy we might be meeting him while he is in Tulsa at the races. Maybe next time Tiffany and Melessa!

3 comments:

  1. :-(

    Have fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! It's great to be diaper free (almost) and crib free! Plus you can use the money you would have spent on diapers to reward yourself for potty training. Yarn Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Have the kids just totally grown up on me while I've been gone! I'm so impressed (by them, but mostly by YOU to stick with it!)

    ReplyDelete