Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Meme

As a look back on 2006, I will copy what I've seen on a lot of other blogs and list the first few sentences of my blog posts from the first day of each month.

January: January 1st is almost over. I've had one whole day of this year to mess around and not work towards any of my goals. Yippee! My excuse? It's Sunday...a day of rest.

February: Last night I was sitting in my car in the parking lot of the realtor's office (we made on offer on the house in the country), and the Ghostbusters song came on the radio. Is it possible for anyone to hear this song and NOT turn up the radio? Or, is it just me?

March: Thanks to all of you that left such great comments and wrote to me by email as well. If you've been a regular reader of my blog for a while, you know that I've had problems dealing with the Frog for some time now. Things still aren't perfect but we've had such a great week here at Casa Nelson.

April: Frog has learned how to use the computer. It started out innocently enough.

May: We got to bed at a reasonable hour last night but for some reason the kids decided it would be "fun" to wake up at 3:30am. Not only did they wake up, they were WIDE AWAKE for 2 hours. Not fun.

June: Is it already June? Holy moly. Caleb went to his last day of preschool (for this school year, at least) today. Last night they had a little picnic at the park and gave certificates to the kids that were moving on to kindergarten. Caleb has two more years to go at this preschool and I can only imagine what kind of progress he is going to make. It was only 7 weeks ago that he started at this school and I can already see a big difference.

July: I'm blogging again from the public library today. Still no computer.

August: I took my items to be entered into the county fair yesterday. I was just about to fall asleep and I remembered something. I forgot to take my SNOWDROP SHAWL!

September: Here's a list of things I want and probably won't get for a while. Time to dream.

October: We bought a computer desk. It's not the one that I had posted that I wanted a month ago. Carl didn't approve. So, we bought a different one last night.

November: I went to Kansas yesterday with my two kids in tow. I was going to visit my friend Kerry (still blogless) that just moved there from Indiana. It's a three hour drive through four states (even though Kansas borders Nebraska---the best road takes me on a fabulous journey through part of Iowa and Missouri). We had to leave the house because Carl was working on the kitchen floor and it just wasn't in our best interest to be around.

December: Tonight is the big game. I'm really looking forward to it. So much so that I'm leaving my house today wearing an OU sweatshirt. This normally wouldn't be a big deal...but I live in Lincoln, NEBRASKA. My car has an OU alumni license plate holder. My van is CRIMSON! My oldest son was born at the OU Medical Center (Sooner born, baby!). I can't help but cheer for the Sooners.

0 comments:

Post a Comment