Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mail Time!

This morning Eva and I got ready to go to the post office and the grocery store. We were mailing this back2school swap box to Mique. I can't show you what is inside yet. We also had to go and buy some eggs and bacon because we are having breakfast for dinner tonight with the sister missionaries.

When we got home from our errands, I spotted a couple of boxes on my doorstep. One contained all of these goodies from Mique! Can you spot everything? There is a Crafts n' Things magazine (love those!), a binder FULL of knitting patterns (thank you so much!), a couple of notepads--one for the fridge which is something I really needed but kept forgetting to get myself, and an APRON! It is big enough to cover my bosoms (bless you) and even personalized with a "C"! The colors are fabulous and I am so excited to wear it around the house. Please go check out her blog. I'm so glad I did this swap just to "meet" her. We have lots in common. We're both Mormon. We've both been married 9 years. We both have a child with autism (instant bonding-right there). She lives in Saugus, CA. I've been to Saugus, CA. You get the point... ;) I'll post what I sent along to her in a couple of days.

In the other box was a pair of shoes. My Ryka shoes! These are the ones I won on sk*rt. I ended up getting The Chase running shoes. I tried a couple of different styles on at Scheels before I sent them what I wanted. I needed to make sure I was making the right choice. I think I did!

When I was placing my "order" with Ryka, they let me in on another giveaway they are doing. Starting on September 5th, Ryka will be giving away 50 pairs of shoes a day for a month on their website. I'll certainly remind you about this next week so you can stop by and check them out!

What a great mail day!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Boy, I'll say! And I mailed 2 packages at the PO today too (to Judy and Glenn). Surprises are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Heather's sister and also a friend of Mique! Small world. I think you left a comment on my blog before. Anyway, I just got my package from this same swap too. What a fun thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi-I've seen your comment on Mique's blog and thought the same thing---SMALL WORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! Mail!! And I love those shoes too! (better yet, they were FREE!!) Lucky dog. . .I'm NEVER going to win one of those giveaways. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that mail swap thing looks like fun what is it? I would like to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This swap was started by martawrites.blogspot.com

    There are all sorts of swaps popping up in blog land and you can find them just by browsing.

    ReplyDelete