Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, August 17, 2007

In the Car

Caleb plays DJ when we're in the car. His latest favorites are from a cd I had with just a few of my iTunes songs. He has to listen to them in a particular order and he has special "color" names for them all.

Blue= Natasha Beddingfield's Unwritten.
Maroon 5= Maroon 5 (duh!) This Love
Orange= OK GO's You're So Darn* Hot *edited to protect the innocent readers of this blog*
That Blue= Goodnight and Go by Imogen Heap
That Orange= Suddenly I See by K.T. Tunstall

I was starting to get very, very tired of listening to these songs. So, I changed the cd to the one with all the church Primary songs for this year's program. We've listened to this cd before but now Caleb knows most of the songs.

On the way to UNL today (we visited the Natural History Museum with Carl on his lunch break--pics to come later), Caleb started to ask for a song.

Caleb: I want to hear THE LORD!
Me: What song is that?
Caleb: THE LORD!
Me: *trying to figure out which one he wants* Is this it?
Caleb: *screaming loudly now* NO! I NEED THE LORD!!!
Me: Don't we all! How about this one?
Caleb: This is it! Thank you! I LOVE THE LORD!

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I know exactly what song it was . . ."I'll follow him in faith" since it has like 3 verses and in each one at least twice it's phrasing starts. . ."THE LORD. . "
    I sat by him on Sunday for closing exercises and that's the song we sang too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so polite. I can just hear it - Thank you, THE LORD! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 PM

    We all cracked up over that one! You have a knack for conveying the flavor of the moment.

    ReplyDelete