Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Dish Rag Tag

I don't know if I mentioned yet that I'm participating in Dish Rag Tag. Not only am I participating, I'm a team captain! Basically, I have 10 people on my team and we have to circulate a box between us as quickly as we can...each knitting a dish rag for the next person on our list. The first few teams finished get prizes. I can't pass up prizes!

The competition started yesterday by our hostess, Emily, sending out all of the boxes. I'm expecting to receive mine today or tomorrow. Either way, I'll be ready.

I've added the widget in my sidebar (under the knitting blog links) so we'll be able to track the progress of the box.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:22 AM

    I would love to get involved in the kind of knitting things you participate in but I never hear about them until they are closed.
    Do you have a way of finding these things out? Are you "connected"?
    Is there an "inside" to the knitting world?
    :-)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane-I would think with you being on Ravelry (you're so lucky!) that you're already an insider! I'm still on the wait list.

    Dish Rag Tag was mentioned on Mason-Dixon knitting and it sounded like fun. That's how I found out about that one. Usually I just happen to be reading blogs and people mention certain things they're doing and I hop on the bandwagon. I'll try to be better about mentioning them here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked my ravelry invite status and 5,662 people are ahead of me in line. Ouch! But there are over 9,000 people behind me. I'll get in there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally crocheted my first two dish rags a couple of weeks ago. They're way better than those crummy store bought ones. What a great contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAN'T WAIT! this is goign to be so much fun. I have my plan for a dishcloth already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, actually i gathered that from your mention of your ward and such. there are a few others on our team who are of the Mormon variety :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always knew that Mormons love dishcloths! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:28 PM

    I really do love Ravelry but it is so new, there are no KALs or contests right now. It is a really great way to connect with the knitters around you, those who you did not know existed, and also to learn about projects and yarn. I am sure KALs and contests will start picking up.
    I got lucky with Ravelry. I consistently read the blog of the lady who started it all and I answered when she was looking for Beta-testers.
    I think it will be even more exciting when the 5662 people who are waiting get in too!

    ReplyDelete