Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Another Day, Another Contest

Our local yarn shop, The Yarn Shop (previously known as Threads) is holding a design contest over the next couple of months. It is called Project Lincoln. First prize is a $100 gift certificate to the store. I'm pretty sure I could use that.

I have called on Wendy to be my model. She has experience and it runs in her family. Remember Matt Mar Male Model? I'm designing a top loosely based on the Josephine top from Interweave Knits (summer 2007 issue, I believe).



Do you like it?

I've got some yarn that has a little texture in it and I'm reworking the pattern to include a bit more sleeve and a different lacy pattern at the bottom. The yarn is Ironstone Warehouse Flake Cotton from Brazil. At 328 yds/100g a skein (and only $5.10), it is really economical. I hope it knits up the way I'd like it to. There was a sweater in the store made from the yarn the looked really nice. We'll see if this will give us the look we're going for.

I need to finish it in time for the runway show on October 13th.

3 comments:

  1. That's a very nice sweater, I think it'll look even nicer with a little more sleeve to it. What a great talent you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy I get to be the "model". I promise I'll try to strut my stuff down the aisle of that store and make sure you win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:00 PM

    You can do it! I look forward to seeing how it shapes up. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete