Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Shows

I think I'm almost done recounting my Vegas trip. I couldn't leave out the shows!

On Thursday night we saw Celine Dion. We really lucked out with our tickets. We bought them before she announced that this would be her last year. Carl's cousin, Kristi (she lives in the Vegas area), told me that the tickets are going for a lot more now. We had pretty good seats (high--but in the middle) and I was really looking forward to the concert.

Caleb and I have a song. It is our special song. It's A New Day. This was Celine's opening number. I pretty much cried immediately. I know, I'm a goober. I also cried when she sang a song from her Miracles CD. I'm not the biggest Celine fan in the world (she's no Neil Diamond!) but she put on an excellent show. The dancing was great. Speaking of dancing...
Oh, Benji! I love you! We looked for him all through the show. It was part of his prize from winning season 2 of So You Think You can Dance. Halfway through the show the dancing started to be a little more "upbeat" and that's when we saw him. Oooh! Fun times.


On Friday night we decided to check out the free stuff around town. We saw the show at Treasure Island. I didn't include the picture because I didn't want to remind Mary and Megan of the smut. ;) Plus, I forgot to edit it and when I uploaded it we were sideways.

We also saw the volcano erupt at The Mirage.
We saw the fountains at the Bellagio during the day on Thursday and also at night on Friday. The song on Thursday was Catherine Zeta-Jones' All That Jazz. Fun stuff. Friday night was God Bless the USA. That one wasn't as good as All That Jazz (in my opinion).

If I had unlimited funds and time I would have liked to see Spamalot, The Beatles Love, Mystere, and Ka. Maybe next time.

10 comments:

  1. Mystere is so good. My boss took us to that one of the times we were there on business. There are just soo many fun things to do while you are there. It's too bad we cannot just have unlimited funds while there visiting. Heck, why can't we have unlimited funds all the time, that would be even better. Tee Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Miracles CD makes me cry every time I listen to it. I blame you since you sent it to me. Sometimes you just need a little cheese (or a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take full credit for that, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see Benji last night dancing with his sister? Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally. I'm going to miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you saw a lot of stuff! I know the miles of walking that means. They just had an article about so many people renting the scooters on the strip in Las Vegas (not just the handicapped who they were first available for). Couldn't really tell what your feelings were about Treasure Island. I thought it got boring and was pretty lame commentary. The cannon fire was still terrific but other than that ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous Christy. My Mom got Tyler and I tickets to go see Celine in Vegas for our 1st anniversary. We drove down one weekend from Provo and we were so excited. The day of the concert my mom called and said that ticketmaster had called and said that Celine was sick and the show was canceled. I'll forever be heartbroken. . . We've never made it to Vegas since!

    Sounds like you had fun! I love reading travel logs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We saw Mystere three or so years ago when my sister got married in Vegas. Wow! Some of the acrobatics had me on the edge of my seat hoping no one would get hurt, and some of them had me wondering how on Earth a human body could contort itself in that manner. It was truly amazing, and I hope to see more of the Cirque shows out there on future visits.

    Sounds like you had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:26 AM

    Benji was awesome this week on So You Think You Can Dance! I wasn't yet impressed with his sister, probably because I just wanted to watch him.
    Wasn't that Scoliosis performer great? I watched it repeatedly about 5 times, so great...
    I also looked for Benji in the "Seduces Me' all-men number in Celine, but realized he probably opted out of that one!
    I'm all for taking John to Spamalot if it ever comes to Albuquerque, he loves Monty Python.
    :> Megan

    ReplyDelete