Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, May 04, 2007

Preparations

Tonight we are having an end of the year party for Carl's students. One of his students just got her Master's degree so it is pretty special. He's even dressing up in his formal Dr.-wear to attend graduation ceremonies tomorrow.

Party preparations take a lot out of me and considering the lack luster job I do most of the time, I don't know why. Wait. Yes, I do. It is because I always have grand visions of what to do, what I'd like to make, how I'd like to decorate, etc... and what ends up happening is we get the house barely acceptable and I make ready to bake cookies.

In preparation for tonight I have been cleaning up the downstairs. This gets avoided many times because if we have adults over we try to go upstairs in the more "civilized" part of our home. But, we are going to congregate downstairs tonight so it needed a little TLC. Last night Carl and I did a toy inventory. The toy box had been overflowing for some time now. We kept only the favorites. The toy box will close now. This morning I'm going to tackle the piles of yarn strewn about down there.

If I'm going to get the rest of the house clean and the food made before tonight I'm going to have to take the kids to the sitter's house for a few hours this afternoon. Guess I better get started.

What are you doing today?

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    I'm cleaning and preparing for company too! Logan is turning 3 on Monday and we're having a birthday party at our house. My nephew Brandon, wil be coming up from dental school in Louisville for the big family shindig on Sunday and staying with us too!

    I hope all goes well with your party. Ü
    ~Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was going to be doing the exact same thing as you. John has 2 students graduating this weekend also. He even gets to be the one hooding them. So he'll be dressing up in all his purdue graduation DR. gear.

    He decided yesterday that since one of his students and company aren't coming to host it at a place on campus instead. I'm so glad because that means I don't have to try and scrub the house to make it look good. Up until then I was thinking I'd be getting a babysitter to watch the kids so I could get everything done also.

    Good Luck! I'm sure things will turn out well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out that link, holy crap! I want to go to that party (but woud never have time or energy to do that).

    We're getting the windows tinted in our car today! We're tired of getting baked by the NM sun. Now we can fit in with all the homies with tinted windows in NM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary-That was a RELIEF SOCIETY birthday party! Can you believe how awesome that looks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're going to a play group in about an hour. Yay! I love play groups. I'm also straightening up because my mom and stepdad are coming over this afternoon so Merrill and I can go to Whidbey Island for the night. It is our first night without children since Bruce was born 4 1/2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that party when design mom posted about it and it is absolutely delicious. It puts my enrichment committee to shame. Oh well.

    Today I am working and then tonight I'm having girl's night with my sisters and cousins. We are soaking our feet, painting nails and having a yummy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have to clean my house, but I really wish it was clean for my birthday! And man! That RS birthday! I want to know what their budget is. I should learn to be fancy like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it must be the day for cleaning- probably the dreary weather! We are all stuck inside and are constantly being reminded by toys and stuff strewn about to get up and clean....so that's what I did!

    at least in the main rooms...I just shut the girls bedroom doors. The quick fix! out of sight out of mind...or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Cleaning seems to be the order of the day. I've been cleaning cupboards and shelves in the garage. I actually threw away a bunch of stuff. This project is LONG overdue.

    Have a good party. My congrats to the graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Shnikees! That RS party was amazing. I would be afraid to get that calling after her!

    Sometimes parties at my house are a good thing - it's the only time I can get motivated enough to really clean the house. :) Good luck with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cleaned too! I've been putting off the bathtub for weeks and giving such excuses like, "We can't afford cleaning supplies"! But behold, a new month, and a clean bathtub!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does that lady do contract work? I want to hire her for our next Primary activity!

    ReplyDelete