Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Have Returned My Flower...

You know that Nasonex commercial? I know it by heart because Caleb used to watch it over and over. Anyway, for days he would go around and say "I'm stuffed up and so congested". That's how I feel this morning. I don't know whether it is allergies or the start of something worse. I've been taking my allergy medicine and it allowed me to sleep okay but I am just really stopped up. It is kind of like how I felt back in March when it knocked me out for good and I couldn't hardly leave my bed. This scares me. At least it is the weekend and Carl will be home.

He's not home at the moment. He took Caleb on the Father/Son campout. Caleb loves sleeping in the tent and playing with flashlights. Carl loves that Caleb loves to camp. They'll be home later this morning. The weather was perfect last night...maybe even a little hot.

I was freezing. Our air conditioner was kind of putzing out on us so we had a repairman come over to fix it. It was fabulous service. We called. He came right away. All in all it took less than an hour from calling him to having cold air blowing through our vents. Love it. Our thermostat is a little off so if we have it set around 70 degrees--it really means more like 65. I forget this sometimes so I woke up freezing cold in the middle of the night. I turned the air off and now I can tell the house is really comfortable.

The craft fair went well. There weren't a lot of people there so they told us we didn't have to pay a booth fee. I actually did pretty well selling my cards. The gift packs (like I sent Anne and my mom) were definitely the best sellers. My best customers were the Juice Plus+ ladies at the booth next door. Two booths down was Beauticontrol. I got an awesome hand massage and booked a spa party (June 7th at 7pm...mark your calendarios!). Now, that's my kind of home party. She's going to come and give us hand and foot massages and a facial. Fabulous. So, the night wasn't a total bust for me. I didn't spend any money! This is usually my downfall when I go to craft fairs. I spend as much as I make. Not last night! Discovery Toys was there and it was all I could do not to buy Marble Works. Is that what it is called? Anyway, it is one of Caleb's favorite things to play with at school. But we don't have a birthday or anything coming up so I really couldn't justify getting it for him right now. I also found some really cute stacker rings from Silpada Jewelry. If you price them out per ring it is pretty reasonable but there was no way I could justify spending that much on rings for no good reason. So, I was also able to donate a good portion of my proceeds to Autism Family Network. They are going to do this again in the fall. I'll certainly be there!

I think I'm going to go and raid the medicine shelf and see what I can find. And, I need to put my chapstick in my pocket for easy access.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hope your sniffles go away, and I hope Molly's do too. But that probably means allergies. I did a big no-no and had her outside playing while I mowed the lawn. I think she sniffles like 100 times a minute. And none of her meds are working so I think we're going to have to call the Dr. to get reinforcements.

    I'm sure Carl and Caleb had a fabulous time. I was teasing Matt b/c he went out with his Dad and nephew but decided he was going to come home and sleep, but he had to get up like at 6am to go back out b/c he was in charge of cooking breakfast. Definitely NOT a camper.

    I was going to try and come to the Craft Fair but I was stinky from mowing then I decided on a whim to finally clear out our closet and stain the floors. And I didn't think walking around with all 3 girls would be great. I'm glad it went well, hopefully I can make the next one you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I ever won was a gift certificate to the Santa Ana science center "gift" store and Marble Works was the first thing I bought. It's the best toy ever. I think I saw them and walmart or target lately and I'm sure it's cheaper there so maybe when the next birthday comes around they'll still be there.

    Get better soon. Sniffles are the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:15 PM

    I hope your sniffles go away quickly. It's no picnic feeling miserable, even without to lively kids.

    ReplyDelete