Followers

Click to Learn More

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Talk

Carl and I are speaking at church today. I've known about it for a month and I've been thinking about it a lot. Speaking on the Sunday before Christmas is always a little stressful. I know I always look forward to those talks every year. Now I feel pressure to make sure that mine doesn't disappoint.

Maybe a lot of people will be gone for the holidays.

Or, maybe, I will have found a really inspirational story to tell and everyone will cry and be moved to act. We'll see. If you're going to be at church today and you don't want a "spoiler", don't click the link until after church!

The White Envelope Project

5 comments:

  1. Doggone it! You made me cry this morning. Our sacrament meeting was cancelled for icy roads so I clicked on the white envelope story right away since I'll get no Christmas sacrament service this year. That was just what I needed. (And I've done my community good deed for the year too-but don't want to brag about it here. If you're dying to know, I will email you. It's really not a big deal, but it was cool not to have to rack my brain too much to see if I had done something good that would "count.")

    Melessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will need to pass the Kleenex. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an awesome story Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, I am sure you did great today. Thanks for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, made me cry too. I'm sure it was a winner in Sacrament Meeting today.

    ReplyDelete