Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Talk

Carl and I are speaking at church today. I've known about it for a month and I've been thinking about it a lot. Speaking on the Sunday before Christmas is always a little stressful. I know I always look forward to those talks every year. Now I feel pressure to make sure that mine doesn't disappoint.

Maybe a lot of people will be gone for the holidays.

Or, maybe, I will have found a really inspirational story to tell and everyone will cry and be moved to act. We'll see. If you're going to be at church today and you don't want a "spoiler", don't click the link until after church!

The White Envelope Project

5 comments:

  1. Doggone it! You made me cry this morning. Our sacrament meeting was cancelled for icy roads so I clicked on the white envelope story right away since I'll get no Christmas sacrament service this year. That was just what I needed. (And I've done my community good deed for the year too-but don't want to brag about it here. If you're dying to know, I will email you. It's really not a big deal, but it was cool not to have to rack my brain too much to see if I had done something good that would "count.")

    Melessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:45 PM

    They will need to pass the Kleenex. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an awesome story Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, I am sure you did great today. Thanks for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:00 PM

    Yep, made me cry too. I'm sure it was a winner in Sacrament Meeting today.

    ReplyDelete