Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, December 22, 2007

And So It Begins...

School is out. Carl is home for just over a week. We have NO PLANS for the next several days (aside from church and the like). I'm not dressed yet. I haven't eaten my toast (still a little sick). The party went well last night. My chili was awesome (made up recipe). I made a HUGE batch and we had zero leftovers. I felt a little bad because these huge college guys (one girl--not huge) probably could have and would have eaten more if my crock pot was big enough. It was already filled to the brim. They brought lots of goodies so I was glad I didn't bust my butt making more stuff.

I'm going to try and get some serious knitting done this week. I'm also trying to do some serious yarn shopping but I'm running into some difficulties. Personal Threads is having their annual sale. Their website is horrible. Does anyone know if their shop is still open or are they just taking online and phone orders until they move to their new building? They don't have a search option by yarn weight so I have to go to other online stores to do searches there and then search for specific yarn at Personal Threads. It is a pain and is taking up too much time. I'd rather just go to the shop and spend some money. Free money. Yep, Joe (the PT guru himself) called me yesterday to let me know he finally got my gift certificate (from the State Fair). He tried to make it for $15 but I had to kindly let him know that it was for $25. I had to prove it to him by giving him the link to the entry book. Kind of annoying but worth the hassle. It isn't like I haven't dropped a pretty penny at that store before. I earned that $25!

I'm going to try to shift gears at my etsy shop, too. It is time to start stocking it up for Valentine's Day. I'm going to be making some of these coupon books. This is the one I made for Carl last year. I have some little love note mailboxes to make. I guess maybe I will be a little busy this week.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Personal Threads is still open. I was there about ten days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:30 PM

    Cute ideas for Valentine's Day. How did your shop do this month?

    I'm glad the party went well. Too bad you couldn't help eat the goodies. Can you describe the chili recipe? I don't have a good one, and I love using my crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet- This is what I put in
    1 big can of chili beans
    1 can black beans
    1 bag frozen corn
    1 can pinto beans
    1 huge can of diced tomatoes
    1 can of diced tomatoes w/ jalapenos
    3 garlic cloves
    1 chopped onion
    4 or 5 shakes of crushed red pepper
    love

    ReplyDelete