Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Talk About Tuesday


Today I thought I might talk about my nearly finished bathroom and the flooring that we are getting (laminate on sale at Menard's this week). Instead I'm going to give you the recipe to the most awesome banana cake I have ever tasted. I made it last night in anticipation of being stuck in the house all day today (with Caleb--no school!). Here is the recipe via Recipe Zaar.

3/4 c butter
2 1/8 c sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c buttermilk
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
  1. Preheat oven to 275°.
  2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
  3. In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
  4. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  5. In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
  6. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
  7. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
  8. Stir in banana mixture.
  9. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
The link includes directions to make your own frosting. I just used a can of whipped cream cheese frosting. It also includes some more directions that I didn't do---like putting the cake in the freezer for 45 minutes. Whatever. I needed it WARM!!! I can attest to the fact that it is delicious whether you do this step or not.

Yummy!

Have something to talk about today? Do it here.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:38 AM

    sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, that sounds delicious right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds really good, I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Copied the receipe and I have the bananas sitting on the counter waiting on a cake receipe. Thanks. Hope you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy I've made this and love it! It's a nice change from banana bread. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete