Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, March 12, 2007

Light

I haven't been outside of the house for a few days now and it is getting to me. Today, I'm pretty sure Eva is well enough to venture out so we are at least going to go to the Y. Caleb has been asking to go for days now. I'm glad they like it there because sometimes I feel guilty about taking them almost every day.

It's going to be in the 70's this afternoon and I'm wondering if I should let the kids play outside. Our yard is totally soggy. As of yesterday we still had some snow in the shadier parts by our sliding glass door. Carl is planning on taking Caleb "camping" in our backyard tomorrow night.

Some of you may have noticed that my blog post is later than normal. Thanks to Daylight Saving Time and Spring Break, I slept in until almost 8am. I must have been exhausted from the really rough day I had yesterday lounging around in my pajamas.

I've got something for all of you to look forward to. Not only is Eva's birthday on Wednesday, she shares this special day with math geeks all over the world...Pi Day.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray for the Y. Don't feel guilty about taking the kids there. You need to fill your well so that you can...something something motivational.

    I almost feel guilty for taking my kids to the Y every day, but Bruce makes sure I feel guiltier if I don't. They love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I am taking David to the "Y" every day this week due to spring break. He enjoys it and I still get to work out. Two hours free babysitting with a family membership is the best deal around, use it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will know how weird I really am after this comment! I had not heard of the Pi fan club but ...
    I do have a Pi T-shirt and somewhere in the garage a roll of adding machine tape with Pi written out to 100 decimal places. Maybe Eva will be a math whiz! There are worse things! ha ha.
    Also what is the deal with the word verification thing and the box with the handicapped sign after it. Is it so the legally blind cannot comment? I can hardly make them out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am taking the girls to the Y this afternoon- two hours with out kids and the high levels of endorphines after exercising- makes for a pretty good night. Plus the awesome weather outside is a nice perk...the ground should dry up quickly if it stays like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bro-in-law actually celebrated a "pi birthday" when he was 31.4 years old, I know the decimal was in the wrong place but really, you can't have a fantastic party like that when you're 3.14 years old right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh go outside but have the kids wear old shoes and clothes. but they wash up nice in the wash so it will be good to get outside! i sent out mine today.

    hmm i haven't heard of the pi club. i'm sure only smart people know about it and i don't really qualify for it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:35 PM

    I work in a school, and in years past we used to have a "Pi Day" celebration. Students brought their favorite pies to math class and we all had a feast! It was so much fun (and probably a little fattening...) Thanks to our new state-mandated nutritional guidelines we can't have treats like that anymore. Bummer...

    ReplyDelete