Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Blessing in Disguise

Today should have been the start of round 3 for me in the infamous International Knit-Off. When I got up this morning and checked my email, the pattern was up along with a few questions from participants. I couldn't help myself by checking it out. Here is why this girl shouldn't be running any kind of competition or doing anything where thinking is involved.

1. On this round's email she decides to include a "reminder" for everyone to post a pic AND email for the win. I'm disappointed that they're not going to have to remember to check post #90 for all the important details.

2. Here is the pattern. The yarn and needle requirements we were given by the "un"organizer of the competion---DK weight yarn and US size 6 needles--- but somewhere back in post #43 (I'm just making that number up) she mentions we can really use whatever yarn we want because in the end the projects we are making are for us.

3. Go back to the pattern. NO GAUGE. NO ROW COUNTS. If this wasn't a competition, this wouldn't matter. What if I decided to use bulky yarn (see #2)? I could knit up a 7 inch triangle in no time compared to those suckers stuck using DK yarn.

4. There has been no "official" word as of yet so if I was in the competition still I'd be seriously peeved or using bulky yarn and would probably be kicked out for "not following directions" anyway.

5. In summary, today I'm going to knit whatever I want but I'm going to do it wearing a crown and scoffing at those people that are still in the running to be the International Knit-Off Champion.

1 comment:

  1. Ewww! That bag is so ugly. You don't need that crazy contest.

    ReplyDelete