Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wish List

The visit from the family went off without a hitch. My sister was celebrating her birthday and she wanted "Omaha Steaks", so we went to a local steakhouse, Misty's. It was so yummy! I had an 8 oz. sirloin (medium rare), seafood bisque, potatoes, and 4 bites of a bananas foster cheesecake. Okay, maybe 5 bites. Small ones. The waitress fell in love with the Frog. He was on his best behavior. Big Apple slept through it all.

To change the subject, I'm on a yarn diet. Next month our paycheck is going to be less than half what it normally will be (just because of his start date/contract/crazy stuff) and we're going to feel the pinch. I'm not as sad as I could be, though, because I know that after next month we'll be fine. It's just that it is forcing me to look at my spending habits. No more yarn, needles, Chipotle, etc... for a while. At least until October. The only reason I may have to break this diet is if Wool-Ease goes on sale between now and then. I need it for the boys' Weasley sweaters. What makes me most sad about this is that I found something today that I want so badly it hurts. Click here if you dare. There is just no way that I can justify getting it at the moment. Especially when I'll have to get some new needles as well, to make it. But, someday soon...it will be mine!

2 comments:

  1. Good call on Misty's. . .MMM. . . I'm so hungry now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 AM

    glad to hear dinner went well and that Frog was so well behaved. Good luck with the yarn diet!

    ReplyDelete