Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Friday, August 05, 2005

Knit Night

First off, I must admit that I was lame and didn't take any pics at the fair. My apologies. Especially since Big Apple looked extra cute with her two pigtails on top of her head. I promise to post some pics of her (with her new hair-do) and the Frog soon.

Now, on to knit night. Sugar Daddy met me and the kids for dinner so we could have a good meal and make the switch. He went home w/ the kiddos and I got to go and knit at Threads, Too. They were showing off some Lily Chin creations. She'll be there in September to give some classes. They also got in some Lily Chin yarn. I tried a couple of them out. I really liked "Chelsea". I believe it is the one that has a merino/cotton blend. There is something else in it, too but I can't remember. I might have to use that instead of the recommended Koigu for the cabled purse I want to make. Although, I have some doubts that it may be a little too stretchy. We'll see. I'm in no rush to start that purse just yet.

There were some really nice people there. I didn't want to scare everyone by asking to take their picture so I could post it on the internet. So, maybe next time. There was some great discussion and it was really nice to talk with some grown-ups for a change. I think I convinced one lady to make the hooded sweatshirt from Hip to Knit. Remember this? Hello sweatshirt. Hello Lafayette house. Sorry, don't miss ya. I sure hope I've lost weight since then. Yuck. Btw, Project Fat Arse is looking okay this week. I'll update on Monday.

I'll leave you with a pic of the ever-sweet Big Apple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment