Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, August 29, 2005

Get With the Program: PFA Update

I'm down another pound. For those of you keeping track, that's 4 lbs. total since starting Project Fat Arse. This may not seem like a lot. The pounds aren't melting away. But, I haven't gained at all since starting. This is a big thing for me.

I decided to kick it up a notch and get with the program. For real. I'm reading Get With the Program by Bob Greene (of Oprah fame). If he got Oprah to look that good, why can't I? Right? Anyway, I was very pleased when reading through the Phase One part of the book. It seems like I started his program even before knowing about it. He makes clear distinctions between water weight and fat weight. Luckily my scale gives readouts on both. So, while my actual weight has been going down slowly, my fat weight has dropped as well. Instead of just losing water weight, I'm losing fat which is the most important. Wahoo. Slow and steady wins the race. I finally have insurance again so I'll be able to get to a doctor soon and see if there is anything else I can do to help with the PCOS symptoms. I just need to find the right doctor around here that knows how to deal with that.

At the Y today, I have an appointment to learn how to use the weights. I haven't lifted weights since Jr. High. It's really hard for me to get to the Y when the aerobics classes are held because they have a limit on how many infants they can watch at a time. I usually don't make the cut. I'm getting a little tired of riding a bike or walking so I thought I'd do some weight training. I could use it. Picking up the Frog is no easy task. I think that's about it for my PFA update.

Knitting news: I have 1 1/2 sleeves done on the Argyle Cardigan. I should have it finished by this weekend no problem. After that, I'm going to go back to work on my Via Diagonale and see if I have something good in my stash to turn into a present for somebody (or myself!). I'm still waiting for Wool-ease to be on sale at Hobby Lobby before I can get started on the Weasleys for my brothers. Hopefully I'll be able to knit those up quickly since their birthdays are in Nov and Dec. I'd like to have them both done by the November birthday so they can both have them at the same time. That really doesn't leave me much time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment