Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, August 08, 2005

PFA Update #2

I finished my second full week of PFA. Before I tell you how it went, let me mention the most awesome dessert I've ever made. In honor of my anniversary, I made molten chocolate cakes. Basically it's an individual cake with melted chocolate in the center. Divine. Sugar Daddy and I each ate two. We had to, the recipe made four and there was no way I was going to get the Frog to try some. Think of THAT sugar high! No thank you.

Even with the molten cakes, I lost another pound. Slowly but surely. I haven't changed my eating habits much. I do eat out less but other than that, I'm not doing too much differently as far as food goes. I am exercising. That seems to be the key. Now, if I can just get my act together and stop eating molten chocolate cakes all day, the progress might be a little quicker. Let's just say, I'm not complaining. I'm in PFA for the long haul...or until Christmas (j/k).

I had a nasty UTI last week that kept me from going to the Y more than twice. Yuck-a-roni. I don't have insurance yet. The coverage doesn't start until the 15th. What terrible timing, eh? I tried some over-the-counter stuff. I gave it two days to work. After that, I went to the doctor. They have a little minor emergency clinic so I went there. The Dr. was really nice. He only works there and I was kind of bummed b/c I would have liked to have him for my regular physician. Oh well. I'll just have to find some other nice person to be my doctor.


Here's a gratuitous pic of Big Apple hot off the presses. Isn't she just so cute? This may be hard to believe but I had a more difficult time bonding with her than I did with the Frog. Maybe because Frog came first and I didn't have another child wanting my attention 24/7. You'll all be happy to know that I'm more than fully attached to this one now and SO HAPPY to have her be a part of our family!




I don't want to play favorites...so here is a pic of my virtuoso, the Frog. You'll also notice one of his Teletubbies, Dipsy, isn't too far away. Look at that form! As a former piano teacher, I must say...watch out world! :) This kid can play a mean piano and he always expects applause at the end. What a ham.

I have actual knitting content for tomorrow. I made a few more eBay purchases (Sugar Daddy approved!).

4 comments:

  1. What cutie pies you have! They have grown so much since i've sarted reading your blog.
    Those molten chocolate cakes sound wonderful! i'm almost drooling:) congratulations on your annivesary, sounds like you've come a long way, many more years to come:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics and the bonding thing? Totally normal. Frog? A ham? Really?! Like mother like son. And so I don't play favorites, Big Apple is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-and yay! on the lost pound. I guess that was the point of the whole post, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Yum! I'm drooling, I need the recipe!

    ReplyDelete