Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, August 22, 2005

Another Weasley

I'm still looking for some good yarn to make my Weasley sweaters for my brothers (ages 10 and 11). I want it to be machine washable but still have the tweedy look of the original. Any suggestions out there? I'm running out of ideas.

Also wanted to mention that Caron Simply Soft (acrylic, but remarkably nice to work with) is on sale at Hobby Lobby this week for $.99 a skein. That is what I used to make my Gryffindor scarves (1st movie version). I used Autumn Red and Mango. You can see it here.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 PM

    I made my son's (2yrs old) sweater out of LB wool-ease chunky. it worked out great and you can still machine wash it. they sell it relitivly cheep in bulk at www.discountyarns.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i was going to say LB wool ease too. but it's kinda scritchy scratchy. you may want to look into a super wash wool if you find a nice yanr clue me in i'm anxious to make some for my dd's not that i won't be reading your blog. LOL
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Okay I was also going to suggest wool ease. So I think you have your answer.....LOL! BTW love the look on Frog's face....too cute!

    ReplyDelete