Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Shopping Magic

On Friday I went to the mall to see if I could find a rockin' dress for the swing dance. I got there at 11am. Hollie met me there later. You should really check out her blog for a funny story about what the Frog calls her daughter and a cute picture of Big Apple and Mckenzie at the Children's Museum. Anyway, it was getting late. We had been at the mall for a while. Still no luck. We decided to check Sears. We walk to the women's section and we see it. Like magic. That's the dress. It's got the big band vibe. They have my size. I try it on. I buy it ($10 + 10% off, not bad!). Then I had to find some shoes. We went to a couple of stores but it was JcPenney that had the ones for me. They're even comfortable (big plus for swing dancing). Excuse the fatness...I'm working on it!

The dance was really fun. It was one of the best dates we've ever been on. Sugar Daddy and I were joking that we switched roles for the night. For dinner, we wanted something quick and cheap. I suggested Chipotle (my fave). We can both eat there for under $7 and it's yummy. SD said that we just ate there for Valentine's so he wanted to go somewhere else. We were running out of options. Fuddruckers is right by Chipotle. I said we could go there but we had just eaten there for lunch before we went to the zoo. He said he could eat there again even though we were just there this week. Hmmm. He won't go to Chipotle because we ate there last month but Fuddruckers is okay. I see how it is! He was willing to spend twice as much money to eat a good burger than for me to have a burrito.

The dance is going to be televised on Nebraska public television sometime this winter. I'm sure we'll be on tv. We were right up by the stage dancing by all the pros. Or, maybe that will keep us from being on tv since the really good dancers were right by us. At any rate, we didn't go there to become tv stars. We were there to dance and dance we did.

I don't know how long it will be before we get to go out on a date like that again, but this one will last me a while. Fun times.

10 comments:

  1. oh that dress is pretty you look great! i'm so glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christy, thanks for the plug. You looks great! So, when you say this winter.....is that this year??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't have the show scheduled yet. They just said in the winter. I'm thinking anywhere from 11/06-2/07.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:20 PM

    Love the dress, love the shoes. Maybe I'll have to take my feet on over to JC Penney -- the shoes I wear to church are really appalling.

    Sounds like a fabulous date. My husband won't dance at all, but even if he did it wouldn't matter because I'm a terrible dancer. I envy your dancing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I'm glad it was all you expected and more. I'd love to see the special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress!!! So, so, so, so CUTE! Glad to hear that you had fun... you deserve a reward after that incredible olympic performance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful! Thanks for the great description of your fun night out. I want you to know I lived vicariously through your date. Last night we were supposed to go to an Oscar party (without the kids) and couldn't because the baby puked again, we're on day 5 of the flu. Our last three dates have been cancelled from the kids getting sick. It's like they have a fun-sensor and it keeps going off when jas and I want to have some fun. I'm glad to see someone has success dating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so so so jealous! HOw fun!! That is so my thing, and so NOT Matt's! You have to tell me when it's on! i just have to know if you got a chance to rock it out like Danny and Sandy on Grease! (Oh, can you hand jive, baby!!) And awesome dress and shoes too!

    p.s. did you see that the knitting olympics made the Yahoo news the other day? I'll have to find the link and send it on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look Lovely in that dress, very big bandish! Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete