Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mommy's Helper

This week is Spring Break for Lincoln Public Schools and I've taken advantage of it by hiring me a "helper" for three days. A girl from my Sunday School class is trying to earn some money for girl's camp. She loves to clean. Sounds like a good match for me! She's coming 4 hours a day. I already have a couple of projects for her to work on (clean and pack up the spare bathroom, clean out a bunch of my binders from when I was a teacher, watch the kids while I do laundry, etc...). Today we're actually going to run a bunch of errands. I have some things to pick up at the mall and I need to go to the post office. This is going to be great fun! I'm also treating us to Pizza Hut buffet. Sugar Daddy will approve because I have a buy one get one free coupon and the kids eat for free. Pizza buffets are awesome for our family because Frog and Big Apple will both eat it! I'm not looking forward to getting all of the snow off of our car, but it's got to be done sooner or later.

In other news, we've had some answered prayers this week. Before we left Indiana, we sold a truck. It was to an acquaintance of a friend of ours. He warned us he was kind of forgetful and we'd probably have to keep on him about paying us (he was going to pay us in two installments). He was right. We still have the title but not all of the money. Last summer we had a month where SD wasn't getting paid much (end of summer term...beginning of new school year, he was a new hire so he wasn't getting paid for August until later, blah blah). Anyway, things were going to be really tight. We had just moved and had a lot of new expenses. Our rent was twice as much as we were paying in Indiana. I was nervous. Anyway, the day we were in most desperate need of the money, the first check arrived. A couple of months ago we sent this guy a reminder letter and a self-addressed stamped envelope so we could get the rest of the money. We hadn't heard from him again until this week. He called to say that he would overnight the check because he sold the truck to his buddy. We should get it in the mail today. This is perfect timing because we are trying to save up as much as we can for our down payment on the house. Things were going to be a little tight until May but now I'm pretty sure it's going to be okay. It also helped that we are getting a tax refund (Thanks, Pres. Bush, for the adoption tax credit)! Anyway, I was telling SD last night that it was a good thing that guy was kind of a flake because he sent us the money when we needed it, and not when we necessarily wanted it. Does that make sense? I'm just really pleased.

3 comments:

  1. Christy:
    Enjoy the pizza... have a slice for me. Glad to hear that you have some help. Let me know if I can do anything. I have some boxes if you need some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally makes sense! Like my sister wanted me to go to Denver and I wasn't sure because of the big move and we needed to save. She has totally hooked me up with a ton of massages. So, not only am I making money while I'm out there I can write the trip off on my taxes.

    So.......is this why I haven't heard from you this week? I've been replaced already????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollie-I figured since Ryan was probably at home you didn't need me! I tried calling today but got the machine. I'm totally going to party with you tonight, though.
    That's cool about the massages. I'm totally hiring you.

    ReplyDelete