Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Times

Thanks to all of you that left such great comments and wrote to me by email as well. If you've been a regular reader of my blog for a while, you know that I've had problems dealing with the Frog for some time now. Things still aren't perfect but we've had such a great week here at Casa Nelson.

The zoo was awesome. Frog didn't throw a single tantrum and he even let me change his diaper standing up in the bathroom (they had mounted that koala changing station thing so only giants could use it...or at least people taller than me). Big Apple was a joy. She just smiled and ate apples and french fries all day. They LOVED the penguins. I already wrote a little about this in the previous post's comments. I'll refer you there if you haven't heard about this already.

Feeling good about myself and how I can handle the kids, we took advantage of another beautiful day and went to the park. This was a big deal. Even bigger than the zoo. At the zoo, I can keep them in the stroller most of the time. That doesn't work as well at the park. Frog is notorious for wanting to swing and do nothing else. He freaks out when it's time to get off the swing or go home. He was like a totally different kid today. He did go on the swings (so did BA and she had a GREAT time!) but he didn't complain when I told him it was time for somebody else to use them. When it was time to go, he took BA's hand and marched with her all the way back to the car singing, "Follow the Prophet" (his favorite song today). This may seem like no big deal. Your kids probably don't flip out and they don't run out into the street and they probably understand the concept of "STOP!". Or, maybe they don't. But, today I feel like how I thought it might when we decided to have kids. It feels good.

Tomorrow...the Children's Museum!

2 comments:

  1. You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! good for you! I feel like I've been away for a while (I missed one post) I hope the home visits work, and help frog! I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can go to the zoo, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete