Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Saturday, August 02, 2008

I Made it Myself

I didn't plan ahead before I left for my vacation so I blazed through the knitting on this little baby dress.
I was going to make one with a flower on the front but I didn't bring the third color of yarn. So, I made do and used a heart. I started this on Monday on the drive down to Oklahoma and I finished up the attached i-cord this morning.

I didn't use a pattern, per se. I had a pattern I got for $.83 on clearance at Hobby Lobby. It called for DK weight yarn but I really wanted to use up some of my worsted weight cotton fleece. I just used the schematic and fudged the shaping.

This is supposed to fit a six month old but I didn't make the head hole big enough. Guess it is destined to be a baby dress. Live and learn. The next one I make will have buttons on the straps. I can't take credit for that idea. That was my genius sister, Lisa.

If you'd like to participate in "I Made it Myself" this week, take a moment to read through the guidelines.

STARTING Aug 11th---I Made it Myself moves to Mondays.

What did you make this week?

1 comment:

  1. Cute dress! I can't wait for Meghan to get a little older and want doll clothes - right no she just eats the doll and the clothes!

    ReplyDelete